14~ Reconciliation

Happy new month guys 🎉❤️🎉❣️ and to all the Nigerians, Happy October 1st

Love is happiness
***************************************
T

he quiet room spoke more than the voices of both Sewa and Lanre. Sewa halted when she heard his last statement and her stomach churned in annoyance.

Suddenly it was an inner battle between her brain and her heart. Was she willing to let go of Lanre? The thought hurt her chest like a burning fire.

Letting go of him was something she wasn't sure of yet. She turned back to face him, folding her arms across her chest, she spoke, "Are you in an haste to get rid of me so quick?" She asked him with a scowl.

His temper lately and attitude was something she never saw in him before. She never knew he could be stone hearted and be obnoxious to this extent. If anything, she'd describe Lanre as the epitome of every beautiful thing.

He didn't get angry easily, he understands, he listens, he supports, he cares, he was selfless and most especially he forgives easily which was what she thought.

She might have said harsher words to him three weeks ago but that wasn't the first time she said mean words to him and he never took it to heart, so why now?

"You shouldn't be asking me that question because you were obviously the one who wanted to leave and what do you expect me to do?" He asked her. "You want me to beg you and tell you not to, so that you could insult me like you always do?" He said to her.

Her heart sank when she heard his last statement, so the reason he was staying away lately was because of her insults?, She knew she did bad which was why she was here to make amends.

Obviously no matter how someone tolerated another, it was bound to get to a point where they won't be able to tolerate the other person again and that was Lanre's situation.

"You..." She trailed off thinking that instead of escalating the issue, she should just apologise and get things over with.

"I am really sorry," she muttered. "I am really sorry! I said those words to you and I really felt bad about it, because I am here but it seems you have moved on and it's like I'm forcing myself on you so why not just give you the space you want!" She spluttered.

"There you go again, always not trying! So because i was giving you an attitude, you decided to give up and go away?" He scoffed.

"You see how tiring it is trying to cope with someone who gives you constant attitude right? Now that the ball was in my court, you were unwilling to try, not at all!" He spat out.

"You always give up, you always complain and it's always about you! And what did I do all this while we've been dating?" He asked her, waiting for her reply.