75

KIARA

I walked inside slowly. I'm not going to lie, I was scared shitless. 

"I promise I'm not looking. But, you can't look this way either." I looked down upon seeing his silhouette in the clear shower door.

"Kiara, what happened?" Damien asked, which prompted my head up again. I saw his head peeking out of the shower.

"I...I got my period. And I really need to do this. I would've waited if it wasn't an emergency."

"Oh, yeah. Uh, go ahead. I.. I won't look."

"T..thanks, me neither."

My heart raced at the thought of both of us naked in the bathroom alone. I quickly put on a pad and left the bathroom. I gulped down some painkillers with water and got under the covers.

Damien got out of the shower soon after and laid next to me, engulfing me into a hug.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Just... little cramps here and there. I can handle it." I closed my eyes in pain.

"What can I do?" he asked.

"I just need sleep." I snuggled closer to him.

He held me tighter and stroked my hair. I shut my eyes and waited patiently until sleep took over me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slowly opened my eyes as the sunshine hit my eyes.

"Good morning, sunshine." Damien lightly kissed my forehead.

"Good morning." I smiled. 

Things were always like this between us. Annoyance, followed by complete disregard, then happiness. I just wanted to know how long this "happiness" phase was going to last this time. Often, it was quite short.

I got up but Damien pulled me back in bed and closer to him.

No words were exchanged. We cuddled for God knows how many minutes before I forced myself out. A girl's got a get ready for the day. We were going to look for a dress today if Damien remembers. I didn't want to remind him because I didn't want it to seem like I was looking forward to it--which I was. I just didn't want him to know that.

I dressed up in matching sweatpants and a hoodie, put on some jewelry, and brushed my hair. I applied some light makeup and sprayed perfume. I really didn't feel like trying today.

I left the bathroom to see Damien still in bed looking through his phone.

"Aren't you getting up?" I asked.

"No, I don't want to do anything today."

"Damien, you can't stay in bed the whole day. I mean you can but you can't. Okay, I mean anyone else in the world can but you can't."

"Watch me," he says nonchalantly still scrolling through his phone.

I guess we weren't looking for dresses together. I was a bit disappointed. Was he acting to make us look like a real couple in front of his parents when he said he would take me out shopping? I shook it off. Dina was always done for dress shopping. Thank God I had her.

As I left for Dina's room, Damien called out after me.

"Where are you going?" he asked, adjusting himself in bed.

"Dina's." I answer, leaving the room. 

I walk to Dina's room, knowing she's probably already wide awake. Without knocking, I entered the room.