50

KIARA

We knocked on the door and waited. Anxiety took over me. Why was I so nervous for a girl whom I didn't even know? 

The door slowly opened, revealing a slight crack to the room. A head peeked out of the crack. 

Dana. She had the darkest shade of blue for her eyes, slightly pouted lips, and dirty blonde hair. She opened the door completely to reveal a tall figurine... A tall, pregnant figurine.

I don't remember Damien mentioning her pregnancy to me.

"Damien." She hitched her breath, "It was a mistake but I couldn't do it."

"WHO?!" Damien clenched his jaw.

I squeezed his hands. He ignored my advances and let go of my hand.

"I SAID WHO?!" Damien practically growled, holding on to the frame of the door.

"Damien! Calm down." I held on his arm.

"Kiara, let go!"

"Okay, you know what? This is so out of place but..." I ducked under him to enter the room and quickly locked the door behind me. 

Damien started banging on the door, "KIARA! OPEN THE DOOR!"

I took in a deep breath and looked at Dana.

"Hey, I'm Kiara." I smiled at her, "Damien's fiancee."

She broke into tears. I sat beside her on the floor and gave her a hug.

 "Dana, it's okay."

"He's going to kill me. They're all going to kill me." 

"No, look, they all love you. Maybe they're mad now but somethings take time, sweetie."

"No, you don't understand. It's...it's way too complicated now."

"If it's going to make you feel better, you can talk to me. About anything."

Silence engulfed the room. I didn't mind it, though. I didn't understand why it was such a big deal. They had assumed I was pregnant and were elated, to say the least. What was so horrible about Dana's situation? 

Maybe this family was much darker than it seemed? And what about Damien? Should I be glad he's by my side or not? Is he even on my side? And where was Dana's fiance?

I snapped myself back to reality. What was I thinking? This isn't some mafia love story.

"Dana? Do you want me to invite your brother? I can stay right here by your side or if you prefer I could leave you two alone."

Dana didn't respond.

"Look, sweetie, he's your brother and he loves you. He's not going to hurt you."

"Okay." she muffled out, wiping her tears.

I walked back to the door and opened it. Damien had stopped banging after a while so I wasn't sure if he was still behind the door.

"Kiara. We will talk about this later." Damien pushed me out of the way and walked over by Dana, "DID YOU TELL HER ANYTHING?!"

Dana didn't say anything. 

"What did you tell her?!" Damien continued yelling. 

"I didn't say anything, I swear." Dana cried.

Although he hadn't pushed me too hard, I had still slammed against the wall. What was this attitude and where was it coming from? Seeing this side of Damien filled me with fury and shock.

"Stop yelling, damn it. She didn't tell me anything."

"Kiara, get out." Damien walked by me and grabbed my arm.

"Damien. You--ow, Damien! You're hurting me." 

He dragged me to the door, "Wait for me in our room."

He closed the door behind me and I heard the clicking sound of the lock.

I genuinely feared for Dana.