44

KIARA

"DINA??!!! What happened, baby? Are you okay?" I asked frantically. 

"I need... I need... my freaking Airpods that you stole from me!" Dina started giggling.

"Oh my God, you fuckin-- GOODBYE." I hung up on her.

That annoying piece of... She got me all worried over her freaking Airpods. I turned on Do Not Disturb. With my music on, I closed my eyes. Back to my relaxing time. I tried to not think about all that's changed in my life in the last few weeks. I was offered the career of my life by a hot, out-of-this-world kind of being, and then ended up living with him. And now, I was his sort-of-fiancee, fake, but who knew that besides him and I?

Damien... What the hell kind of human being was he? Was he even human? He couldn't be. He was either too cold to be human, or too nice to be human. His cold-side definitely takes over him way too often. Come to think of it, he was only really nice to me when we were acting. Damn, that fact hit me pretty hard just now. 

Suddenly, memories of him insulting me rushed in. It really hurt to hear those things from him. Well, it'd hurt coming from anyone, regardless.

Anyways, right now, I just wanted to focus on the end goal: My restaurant. I can't believe the one thing I wished in life, one thing I thought would be impossible for a person like me to accomplish, is becoming a reality for me. 

Just thinking about it makes me want to cry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How long has it been? Did I fall asleep? My skin was very pruney. I guess I had spent more time than I had planned. I turned off the jacuzzi and got out of it. I took out the Airpods and started to wrap a towel around my body. 

I turned around and saw him casually brushing his teeth.

"DAMIEN! What the hell are you doing here while I'm butt-naked?!" I screamed.

"Chill, I didn't look." Damien talked through his mouth full of toothpaste.

"That does not change the fact that you were here when I was naked in the jacuzzi. My pruney hands are literally shaking right now." I fumed, feeling extremely nervous and self-conscious, "Have you heard of knocking?!"

"I did knock," he spat out the toothpaste, "I couldn't tell if you were sleeping or you just couldn't hear me through your music, so I just came in, took a quick shower, and left. No big deal."

"YOU... you took... you took a shower when I was right here?!" I started giggling like a psychopath from anger. 

Damien gave me a nod with an innocent shrug and smiled.