87

KIARA

My breath hitched. Did I hear him correctly or were my ears playing a trick on me?

"You sure?" I asked.

Way to ruin a moment, stupid Kiara.

"I love you. I have never been more sure of anything else. I'll say it again, I fucking love you, Kiara, I am in love with you," he exhaled and cracked a large smile full of relief, "Oh, it feels so nice to be able to say that out loud. I love Kiara!" 

He yelled out his love for me, making me blush hard. I was coming to terms with the fact that he loved me. Damien loves Kiara.

"I'm sorry if it's too fast for you. You don't have to say it back. I knew I loved you and you made it so hard for me. I didn't want to blurt it out randomly. You deserve so much more than our gazebo, and I promise--"

I crashed my lips into his, kissing him passionately. 

"I love you, too, Damien."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"3, 2, 1. Happy New Year!" everyone shouted.

I felt Damien pull me into a kiss. My first New Year's kiss with my love. I had to pull away before he deepened the kiss, or before either of us lost control. We hugged everyone. As I looked around, I knew this year would be different from all my years combined. Ever since I met Damien, my life had turned upside down. Everything changed within months. But I didn't know it was a blessing in disguise. 

I am the happiest I have ever been my entire life. I had a man I loved, a family, and my best friend with me who was also happy. We opened Kiara's Kitchen after Christmas, and it was a very grand opening. I overworked myself the first week for everything to run smoothly. Once I picked up the pace, things got better.

I loved working. I still feel nervous as soon as I step into the kitchen. What if I mess up,  I wonder. I wasn't used to being the boss. There are people that are all ears for me, listening to my commands. I'm scared of offending them, I often don't know what to say. But, I have to assert myself. And when I do, I feel like anything anyone does wrong will be my fault.

Damien helped me get over my worries. I'm a bit more confident now, but over time I will feel better about myself. Damien is the best thing that has happened to me.

After a few more drinks, I had to take the glass away.

"Baby, I think you've had enough."

"Never. Never enough of you."

"No," I laughed, "Not of me. Of this." I took the glass away.

"I think we should get to bed," I said as he slumped over me.

Damien didn't respond, although he did muffle words I couldn't understand. After wishing a good year and night to the rest of the family, we made our way to our room.

As I closed the door behind us, Damien fell over me, my body trying hard to hold him up. 

"I love you," he said.

"Oh man, you reek of alcohol Damien."

"I'm sorry,"

"It's okay, babe. I'm here with you. Do you want to take a shower?"

"No, I just want to sleep with you."

"We're not having drunk sex."

"No, I just want to sleep with you."

I laughed as I shook my head, "Come on, let's take a shower."

I dragged him into the shower. I readied the water before getting him stripped and in the shower. I then stripped myself and got in.

"No one ever made me feel the things you do, Kiara," he whispered as I washed his body.

"When you say these things, you get me all nervous, Damien."

He leaned over, claiming my lips. I kissed him back,  pulling him into me. 

"I want to ravish you all night."

"Mhm, I'd love that," I gave him a light peck on the lips, "But not tonight. Let's just cuddle."

"I'd love that too. Anything with you."

God, was this man ever going to fail in causing me to blush?

We finished our shower and dressed up in winter pj's--my faves. He got in bed as I dried and brushed my hair. As I walked to the bed, he lifted the blanket to invite me in. I giggled as I got in and snuggled closer into him.

"Are you better now?" I asked.

"Yes," he replied, "You know how beautiful my life has gotten since you've become a part of it?"

"No, do tell me."

He laughed as he continued showering me in compliments. 

"I'm never going back," he quietly whispered, but I heard it.

"Back where?" I asked.

"Uh, my old life. With other women and other...stuff."

"Uhm," I cleared my throat, "You better not because this would be awkward."

"I love you, woman."

"I love you too man. So, what other stuff?" 

"The guns."

"In the shed?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Did you...did you actually use them on people?"

"Only because I was put into a situation where I did. And I started a collection to be safe which grew into a hobby, but I know it makes you and others in my family uncomfortable. I'm not going to do that anymore. I can't ever lose you."

"Thank you." 

As I matched my breathing with his, I slowly felt my eyes droop. Soon, sleep took over me.