76

KIARA

Soon, guests started arriving, including Lillian, Angelo, and his friends. Lillian and Aunt Lexi have been inseparable since she arrived, and the same for Dana and Angelo. Damien has also never left my side. 

"Are you planning on leaving me alone at all?" I asked, annoyance evident in my voice.

"Nope," Damien replied nonchalantly. 

"Nice." I shook my head, sighing.

We were alone at the cocktail table and I was bored out of my mind. We didn't converse. We just stood there and observed other people. Actually, Damien was observing Dana who was obviously with her baby daddy Angelo and I was observing Damien observe Dana.

"I'm bored," I whined.

"Let's get a drink," Damien offered, holding out his hand.

I took it, entangling our hands, and walked to get a drink as did Angelo and Dana.

"Kiara. Damien." Angelo greeted us, with a slight nod.

"Hey." I greeted back. Damien returned the same nod.

"Kiara? It feels weird not calling you 'Ava' anymore, but I'll have to get used to it. Anyways, can we talk for 2 minutes?" Angelo asked as I grabbed a drink. I was shocked at this abrupt request. What could he possibly have to talk to me about?

"Absolutely not," Damien responded before I could even open my mouth. His hands went around my waist again, pulling me closer to him. I almost spilled my drink.

I looked at Damien, giving him an annoyed look. Then, I looked at Dana. She looked...hopeful? Did she want me to talk with him as well? Maybe it was about something between them.  

"Yes, of course. Lead the way." I tried to break out of Damien's hold.

Looking back at him, I asked, "Can you please let me go, babe?"

"I'm coming too," he responded.

"It's private," Angelo butted in.

"I'm her husband."

"Enough. Let me go now," I demanded.

Damien gave me an angry look before letting me go. Dana, Angelo, and I walked away from Damien to a secluded area.

"So, what's this about? Everything good between you two?" I asked.

"Yes, everything's great. We just have to ask you something."

"Of course, what is it?"

"Kiara," Angelo began, "Dana and I want to go back to our own home together... tonight."

"Tonight?" I asked. I didn't expect Dana to leave before the wedding.

"Yeah. If it were up to me, I'd take Dana and leave without anybody's permission, but I know Dana's family won't let that happen without a fight. Particularly Damien. Normally, I don't give a fuck what Damien wants, but Dana doesn't want to leave her family upset. I don't want any extra stress on her during pregnancy."

"You're right. I mean, I'm completely fine with you two leaving today. I was just shocked but you guys are in love and having a baby. You're almost married--I see no problem. Everyone would probably feel the same way as me, but Damien.... uh, yeah he will definitely not remain quiet. And it is so unfair of him. I'm sorry Dana, I try to knock some sense into him."

"I know, Kiara. Thank you."

"There's something we want to ask you to do, Kiara. Dana and I feel you're the only one that can reach out to him."

That Cliche WaitressOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara