39

KIARA

I didn't kiss him back. His mom was right there! 

"Damien. Not now." I pushed him back, slightly.

"What are you doing?" he whispered back, harshly.

"Ugh, you guys! Seriously? In here? In front of ma? God, get a room." I heard Tyler groan from behind us. 

"Damien, honey, maybe you two should spend the night here. The storm doesn't look like it'll calm down anytime soon. You have your room, anyway." Christina suggested.

"Yeah, that's what we'll do." Damien got up and held my hand a little too tight, "Goodnight, mom."

We left the room and through a set of stairs and a series of corridors, we finally got to Damien's room. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating but compared to the 2-bedroom apartments I've lived in all my life, this was a huge jump.

"Oh my God, my feet hurt soo much... Were they trying to hide your room in these corridors? I swear just walking here is exercise itself." I complained as I threw myself on the bed.

"I'm taking a shower." Damien entered his bathroom without another word.

What's up with him..?

I got up and looked around the room. There was a corner with a bunch of trophies and awards. I walked over and examined them.

"What are you doing?" I heard Damien ask from behind me.

"Oh my God, you scared me! I thought you were going to take a shower?"

"I did."

"Wow. That was quick."

After a moment of silence, I took a few steps towards him and looked at his eyes. They were so... stormy? I was never the one to tell emotions by a person's eyes. I have no clue how people do that. 

"Damien, what's wrong? Why are you being so stand-off-ish?"

He took a step backward, "Stand-off-ish? Since when were we ever close enough for me to become stand-off-ish? We're only doing business here, Kiara, don't forget that."

"Me? You should tell yourself that. What were you thinking, kissing me like that in front of your mom?!"

"Listen, Kiara. You were the one who wanted this. All of this. Even from day one. So, stop acting like you don't want or like any of this. We both know you do. You're only fooling yourself."

"What the actual fuck are you talking about? I did not sign up for any of this. You were the one who came out of nowhere introducing me as your fucking fiancee!"

"Come on, Kiara. Don't play dumb with me. That day, you were talking on the phone with your friend. I heard everything, about the things you wanted to do with me. And what about Night Bird Bar? My friends have seen you in there. Do you know how that looks on your part, Kiara? So, don't act as if this isn't exactly what you wanted. If you want to play games, I'll play if that's the case because that's all you will be for me. A game. This will all be over soon and the game will end."

"Oh, I didn't know you wanted to end this so soon. Well, allow me to make things easier for you!" I yelled, slamming the door open and walking back to the main floor.

"Kiara!" I heard Damien call from behind me, but all I saw was red.