83

KIARA

Where Miller Lake once stood now showcased a new, renewed, beautiful building. And it was named after me. It was built for me. The emotions I was experiencing was becoming too overwhelming.

Wasn't it a few months ago I hated the guts out of this man, only dealing with his shit to become the head chef? Now, I was the owner of that very restaurant, named after me, and it was a gift, from him.

I had never received a gift this meaningful, big, or expensive in my life.

A part of me thought it was too much, and that I shouldn't and couldn't accept it.

But, it was a gift, and this was my dream. I was not about to let it loose.

Damien was inspecting me, my reaction, and my body language. I broke out of my trance and turned around to him.

"Are you...are you serious?" I asked, flustered.

"It's all yours, Kiara. I just want to make you happy."

I turned around, bewildered at the man who had a complete transformation in the few days.

"You're too good to be true. I'm way too happy. Is this a dream?" I pinched myself to check.

"Kiara, this is not a dream. You deserve this. You deserve everything you want." Damien cupped my face.

Smiling uncontrollably, I hugged him tight. If this wasn't love, it was something pretty damn close to it, I thought.

Love? Had I really just thought about being in love with Damien?

I had, I accepted it, but I had to say in control over my emotions. I only hoped that Damien was experiencing the same intensity of emotions I was, because I was falling more and more as days passed.

We finally walked inside as I admired the interior design. I was very happy with how it came out, although Damien assured me whatever I want changed could easily be done. I looked up at the beautiful, golden, circular chandeliers dangling on the circular tables. This was even better than I had imagined it.

Damien led me into the kitchen, and I gasped as I entered the large room with kitchen utensils everywhere. I imagined myself cooking in the large stovetops with the rest of my staff, rushing around the kitchen to ready the orders. I pictured myself chopping vegetables on the steel counters and decorating the plates before sending them off.

"Damien, thank you so much. I'm at a loss for words, I can't even think of what to say that would truly show you how grateful I am of you and what you've done for me."

"You don't have to thank me, Kiara. That beautiful smile is worth it all."

I blushed as he let out a light chuckle.

"Do you know how beautiful you are? How crazy you drive me? I loose my common sense, my cool, when I'm with you. You have an effect no one else has over me," he whispered in my ear.

"You don't think I feel the same about you? I get weak simply over a few words you jokingly utter to me. You know how mad you get me when you think I could ever look or feel the way I do with you towards another man. You're my only, Damien."

"I better be," Damien joked as he gave me a light kiss, "And you are mine... Alright, well, if we sit here and spill everything all evening, we won't get to eat. You're cooking, show me what you got." 

I raised my eyebrows, accepting the challenge. I looked around to see what was in stock that I could cook, and familiarize myself with the kitchen.

After telling Damien the options he had, Damien chose fish. That man was weird, but I'm not a fish hater by no means, so I was not complaining. I also found asparagus and decided to cook that as well to compliment the fish.

Combining fish and asparagus, I could prepare a Japanese food I remembered. I readied the fish, and cut off the ends of the asparagus. I charcoal grilled the fish and boiled the asparagus before throwing them into the oven. As they cooked, I put away all the seasonings I used and wiped the counter. One thing that was nice about both fish and asparagus was that they both cooked fairly quickly. I grabbed two square plates and placed the fish. I then cut of the asparagus into smaller pieces and used them to decorate the plate. 

Damien watched me intently as I prepared everything. He asked if I needed help, but I quickly rebuffed it. I wanted to do this for him to thank him for what he had done for me. Damien took his plate as I took mine and we sat on the table before devouring our plates.

"Mhm, babe, I did the right thing by placing you head chef. This is delicious."

"Thank you," I blushed for the millionth time today. I knew I was good, but it makes you feel different when your boyfriend who is also your husband compliments your cooking.

I worried that I smelt like fish, which I probably did, so I kept a safe distance between Damien and I. We talked as we finished up our plates. 

"Dina and Tyler are actually together, huh?" Damien asked as he stuffed his mouth.

"Mhm," I nodded, cleaning my mouth with the napkin. "Are you surprised?" I asked.

"No. I just hope they don't rush into things."

"Dina's smart." 

"Intelligence has no say when our hearts are involved, Kiara. I'm the ultimate example of that."

I laughed as he insinuated that he was intelligent. I raised my eyebrows as I smirked and nodded, teasing him.

We cleaned up our plates and I offered to make soufflé. Damien insisted that I don't tire myself out, but again, I wanted to thank him, and also I was really really craving some right now. 

"Damien?" I asked as I gathered my ingredients. 

He was leaning towards the counter, watching my every action.

"Hm?" he inquired.

"Hypothetically, let's say I were to make 4 soufflé instead of 2, and offered to bring them to Angelo and Dana since Dana was craving it the other day. Would we be able to go?"

Would you go? would be a better question since he was the problem.

"Of course. As long as my sister is there, I will be up his ass to ensure her safety."

I squealed, ignoring his remark, "Okay, great because I already started with a recipe of 4. Ah, she's going to be so happy!"

Something in Damien changed. His breathing heaved and he moved uncomfortably. 

"Do you love Dana?" he asked me. 

I rolled my eyes and scoffed as I continued to combine my ingredients, "Of course I love her, she's like a sister to me."

"Do you love me?" Damien asked.

I turned around, visibly gulping as I stared into his stormy hazel eyes.

"I... Damien.." I stuttered, once again at loss for words.

"Because I'm falling for you."