17

KIARA

"Oh, let me apologize. I'll make up, make up, make up, make up for all those times..." I sang loudly, adding the finishing touches for the meal. I was proud of myself.

I suddenly heard footsteps behind me. Seeing Damien, I jumped back.

"Oh my God, you startled me." I state.

"You would've heard me coming in if the music wasn't so loud." Damien responded, turning off the music.

I felt my cheeks heating up. I turned around, pretending to cut some vegetables so he wouldn't see me blushing.

I hated embarrassing myself.

"Um. Okay. So. You... just go wash your hands or I don't know change your clothes or something and I will set the table." I suggested, trying to kick him out of the kitchen.

The thought of him just seeing my dancing like that and, oh my god... he heard me sing.

"Ah!" I yelled in pain.

I was so caught up in trying to hide away my embarrassment that I had accidentally cut my finger.

"Kiara? What happened? Are you okay? Let me see." Damien walked towards me.

Thankfully, my blush had faded away. I looked down at my finger. It was gushing out blood.

"Y..yeah. I'm fine. I just need to...Uh, where are the band-aids?" I asked, feeling a bit light-headed.

I hate to admit this but, when I lose blood, I get a bit... okay, maybe a little more than a bit, lightheaded.

"Kiara, sit down. You're literally pale. I'll get the band-aids." Damien returns quickly with the band-aids.

"I can do it." I tell him.

I don't like that he thinks I'm weak. It's just a little cut.

"I know you can." 

He did some weird, medical-y looking stuff and put on a band-aid. By that time, I was feeling a bit more energized.

"I'm okay, really. The table will be ready in 5." I let him know.

It took me less than 5 minutes to set the table. Damien came down on point as I placed the last dish on the table.

"Enjoy!" I smiled, turning around to head to the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" he asked behind me.

"To the kitchen...?"

"Did you eat?" he questioned me, once again.

"I'm going to the kitchen to eat." I explained.

"Just get yourself a plate and eat here."

I nod, although a confused expression was still evident on my face.

I grab a plate and sit down.

I never realized how famished I was until I took my first bite.

After a couple of bites, I looked up to see Damien examining me. An immediate worry rushed through my body. I felt self-conscious and put down my fork.

"Gosh, I'm full. Um, I need to like do the dishes and stuff. Why am I even--ugh. Excuse me." I grabbed my plate and walked to the kitchen, mentally slapping myself.

I sat down and continued eating my meal. What? I was hungry and he wasn't going to stop me from eating. I wasn't going to deal with his judging, either.

I quickly rushed through and stuffed everything in my mouth. I walked over to the sink to wash my plate.

"Kiara?" Damien asked behind me.

"Hmplh?" I muffled.

God, why did he always catch me in my most embarrassing moments..?