2

KIARA

"KIARA! MY OFFICE! NOW!" my boss, Daniel Miller yelled at me. I quietly followed behind him and prayed to God he wouldn't slice my throat with his award-winning knife collection.

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU DID?!" he yelled at me, once again, as we enter his room.

"YOUR BEHAVIOR WAS UTTERLY UNACCEPTABLE WITHOUT ANY REASON BUT... DO YOU KNOW WHO THAT WAS?!" this man was starting to really test my patience with the yelling.

"Can we just not yel—" I tried to talk.

"Do NOT interrupt me. THAT MAN WAS DAMIEN SKYLOR. PRAY TO GOD HIS GIRLFRIEND DOESN'T COMPLAIN. BUT IN ANY CASE..." he inhaled loudly and exhaled like a whistle, "you're fired."

Did I hear that correctly? I can't even be sure. This fucking man yells through his whole speech and decides to whisper the most important part. A true genius we have here.

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" I asked for confirmation.

"You heard me." he crossed his arms at me with a smug.

"NO."

Realizing I was also yelling, I cleared my throat, "No. I did not fucki— I didn't hear you because you yelled at me the whole time and decided it was the right thing to whisper the part where you fire me."

I rolled my eyes unintentionally.

Oh shit, I have to stop.

Daniel and I always got along. I guess I really got him mad this time.

"Okay, YOU'RE FIRED! IS THAT GOOD ENOUGH?! Now, leave. You are banned from this restaurant."

Okay, then, you asked for it. I just have a really bad habit of wanting to be the one with the last word...

"I will gladly leave. This place is trash anyways. The only reason why you have a 5-star rating is that you're sleeping with Elena Torres. The whole staff knows this. By the way, you smell like garbage. Why don't you get Elena to buy you a cologne or some shit? Fuck you, Daniel." I stuck my middle finger, threw my apron at his face and left his room.

Grabbing my bag from the locker room, I walked to the front exit. Seeing everyone eating, I smiled mischievously and walked up to the front of the dining hall.

"Hi, hello. May I have everyone's attention, please? Thanks. The bread you all have in front of you is from last December. Oh yeah, and the salt and pepper that you spill on the table are always put back in the salt shaker, because, ya know, reusing? You're welcome." I smiled, genuinely and waved at the crowd, shock evident in all faces.

"KIARA! OUT NOW! SECURITY!" yelled my boss, running at me.

Guards from the front immediately ran towards me, "Miss, we're going to have to escort you out."

I pushed them aside, "I can walk by myself. Thanks for the offer, though." I winked at them and casually walked out the door.

"YOU WILL NEVER GET A JOB WITH THIS ATTITUDE, KIARA! MARK MY WORDS!" Daniel yelled behind me.

"You will never get laid with that scent, Daniel. Let me be and fuck off!" I yelled back, not bothering to turn back and face him. However, I made sure my 3rd finger was raised high and pointing directly at him.

"YOU WILL NEVER GET A JOB WITH THIS ATTITUDE, KIARA! MARK MY WORDS!" 

Right... I need a new job.