11

KIARA

"WAKE! UP!" I felt Dina drag me down from my leg.

"Let me go..." I muffled from my pillow and shaking my leg so she could let go.

"You have to be at Skylor Corp today at 8 sharp."

I open my eyes a little to check the time.

"Dina, get the fuck out. It's 6 a.m."

"Exactly. Just  enough time to get you ready. And do you know the term, 'traffic'? Come on! Get up!" with one last pull, I land face-flat on the floor.

Complaining, I get up, shove Dina out of my way, and go to the bathroom. I take a quick shower and get out to see an outfit laid on my bed.

Dina

Oh my God! She even laid down my underwear. Or literal lingerie is another way to put it.

At least they were simple lingerie. I wore my clothes and walked to the kitchen.

"My, my! What have we got here! Dina cooked me breakfast?! Ay, I must be hallucinating." I joked, with a random British accent. Being the cook, Dina always expected me to cook.

"Shut up and eat." Dina laughed.

I looked at the time, 7:15 a.m. Time flew pretty quickly while eating. But, again, time flies when you're having fun and who doesn't have fun eating?

I brush my teeth when Dina barges into my bathroom.

"Nuh-uh. You can't go anywhere without makeup." she objected.

"Dina, please. I really don't want to wear makeup today. My skin is looking nice and I don't want to feel that heavy foundation the whole day. Look, I'll just put on some mascara and eyeliner." I handed the two items to Dina so she could apply it, "Oh, and here this lip liner... And, there! Eyebrows looking fleeky today. And, who cares, anyways? I'm not going out to party."

I glance at the time, 7:25.

"I gotta go. Love you, Dee!" I threw her a kiss and grabbed my bag.

At 7:40 a.m., I rush into Skylor Corp. Looking around, asking people where I could find Mr. Skylor, I realize two things: 1) no one is taking me seriously 2) I am so out of place. Damn, I thought I looked good and a little extra today, but no, these people looked like they were ready for prom.

Annoyed at everyone, I decided to go up the elevator and look around myself.

"Excuse me, you can't go in there." I heard a masculine voice behind me.

"Sorry, I need to find Mr. Skylor. It's an emergency. He wanted to see me. You can call him. My name is Kiara Espinoza." I explain, kindly.

"If we called Mr. Skylor every time a little teenage girl walked in saying he was waiting for her, this business would get nowhere.

"Look. I've been here for 20 minutes. I could have been sleeping. My feet are tired. My voice hurts from trying to explain myself to at least 30 people. I don't care if this business gets nowhere. I have a meeting with Mr. Skylor. Bring me to him, now. Or, I'll just leave, but when Damien calls me asking why I didn't come I'll be sure to give your name, Joseph Spatt." I look over to his ID to get his name. That was complete bullshit. Damien wasn't going to call me. Why was I even here? My name wasn't even on his agenda for the day, so the secretary had told me.

Lil' Joe suddenly became completely still, quiet and stiff. I smirked. I was so killing the "scary and intimidating" thing I've got going on here.

"Yeah, that's right. I would be scared, too. Now, am I going to leave, or will you bring me to him? Should I remind you once again that I will not hesitate to give your name to Damien when he calls me tonight? We talk every night. Did you know that? No, of course, you didn't. But now you do. And treat people with respect, goddamn it. Learn to listen and hear people out." I rambled.

"Listening is certainly key, Mr. Spatt." I heard a familiar husky, sexy, hot, Damien-y voice behind me.

Damn. How could someone have such a hot voice, I just don't get it---

Damien!

Oh God, I hope he didn't hear everything.

"Haha, right. Um. Lil' Joe and I were just talking here. Ha! Right, Joe?" I lightly punched his arm and rested it on his shoulder.

"Let's go up to my office. We have things to talk about." Damien ignored my previous remark and headed to the elevator. I followed him but turned around to give Joe an "I've got my eyes on you" look to scare him. I doubt it did anything, but, it was worth a shot.

The elevator ride took FOR-EVER! We literally went up like 72 floors.

We entered Mr. Skylor's room. He sat in his chair while I sat on one of the chairs by his desk.

It was complete silence for a good 5 minutes.

"So..." I started.

"It's 8:10 a.m." Damien stated.

"I can see that. But you know what happened downstairs, I'm sure you saw what happened and can tell why I was late. It wasn't my fault. I was here at 7:40. I just couldn't find my way here. Your employees are rude, man---"

I can't believe I just said "man" to Damien Skylor.

Fuck me.