20

KIARA

I woke up bright and early to make Damien breakfast. It took me everything to not quit because I needed this job - both financially and to achieve my dream. I did not want to see his face after his ugly remarks from yesterday. Quietly, I made french toast and poured some orange juice for him. I neatly placed them on the table along with a knife, fork, and napkins. I attached a note for Damien:

If the French Toast gets cold, microwave it.

I quickly ran upstairs and locked my room. Taking a quick shower, I wore my outfit for today. I feel refreshed and ready for what the day will bring upon me today.

Wow, this feels strange. I'm ready before 6 a.m. I looked around trying to find things to do but the result: nothing. I gave up and grabbed my phone, clicking the YouTube app.

I heard a knock on the door and quickly turned off my phone.

"Kiara..?" I heard Damien call for me on the other side of the door.

After a few more repeated knocks, silence once again fills the room.

I scoff and go back to watching the wonderful Dolan Twins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What time is it...?

I looked at the clock in front of me.

7:01! It's been an hour. I thought it'd be at least 8.

Ugh, I knew I felt strange. I'm never waking up early, again!

I need some fresh air...

Oh my God, I completely forgot the balcony. I smiled as I jumped out of the bed and ran to the balcony. I took a seat on one of the two chairs.

The weather was so nice today. If Dina was here, we would... Aw, I missed Dina. I think I'll give her a call.

I clicked on Dina's contact and waited for her to pick up.

"Good morning, Dee!" I greeted, cheerfully.

"Um, hello. This is Luca from the Night Bird Bar."