23

KIARA

Nico was kind enough to pick us up and bring us over to Damien's house.

"Although it isn't my first time here, this house manages to shock me every time." Dina remarked on the house's beauty.

"If only its beauty reflected on its owner's character." I thought out loud.

"What?" Dina asked, "Did something happen?"

"Nothing to worry about." I forced a smile.

"So, why did you bring me here?" Dina asked.

"Okay. So, I still need to make food for Mr. Skylor but I can't take care of you at the same time. Just sit while I cook and then we'll go out." I explained.

I looked around, searching for a menu or a list that Damien might've left. What does he want for dinner? 

"Ugh... this man is so frustrating." I whined.

"What?" Dina asked.

"Nothing." I shrugged it off, "Hey, Dee? Have you seen... like a piece of paper of some sort around here?" 

"Um... no?" Dina asked, confused.

"What do I make for dinner? Is he just leaving it up to me to decide? Whatever, I'm going give him a call. You hang around here." I told Dina as I grabbed my phone.

"Kiara, I'm busy. Can you make it short?" 

"Hello to you, too. Don't worry. I'm not too enthusiastic about talking to you either. In fact, I do not want to talk to you at all after last night but certain circumstances leave me with no other choic--"

"Kiara. Get to the point."

I rolled my eyes, "What do you want for dinner?"

"You're making me dinner? Of course, I'll be home tonight, sweetheart. Don't worry. I love you too, baby. Bye." 

He hung up the phone on me, leaving me as confused as I've ever been.

My shock was cut off by a ding noise.

I looked at my phone.

I'll explain tonight. The Menu is on you. Impress me if you want the prize.