3

KIARA

"Kiara! You're famous!" Dina, my flatmate, and my best friend threw her phone at me. I looked at the screen:

MILLER LAKE, MORE LIKE MILLER FAKE

After former employee, Kiara Espinoza,  revealed the truth behind its products, the 5-star restaurant, Miller Lake as we all know it, crashed. Within a day, its customer interest went down drastically.  The courses offered were all health-hazardous and is now in the process of inspection. Several customers sent in complaints about fraud sales. So, will Miller Lake get back up on its knees or will it forever be known as Miller Fake?

There were several pictures of the restaurant, me, and Daniel Miller. 

I laughed out loud, "I'm not famous, dumbass. I'm just on the news."

"Fucking idiot, that makes you famous." Dina struck back.

"Relax, it'll all blow over in a week. And in a month, my name won't even be recognized." I acted like I was all chill, BUT OH MY GOODNESS I WAS SEMI-FAMOUS!

Dina rolled her eyes and I smirked, "let's go see what perks famous people have."

Dina laughed as she got up to get changed. I looked okay with my ripped jeans, white tank top, and my white sneakers. My hair was in a messy bun. Hey, it wasn't anything fancy, but it was casual. So, I didn't bother changing.

"I'm readyy." Dina sang, walking into the living room. She was wearing a floral sundress, her hair was braided. In short, she looked absolutely gorgeous. That's my best friend!

"Let's go!" I cheered, grabbing my car keys. 

As I started the engine, Dina looked over her playlist to find a song. She stopped midway and looked at me. I looked back, giving her a puzzled look.

"What?" I asked, "Is there something on my face?"

"No, no. What are we even going to do? It's not like we got a text saying, 'Kiara  Espinoza, you are now famous! We invite you to a party.' How do you know where to go?" 

"Oh. Good point. Well, honestly, I thought we'd go to a few good restaurants, get caught by some paparazzi, answer their questions with ridiculous answers, and mess with them." I grinned.

"Ooh. Okay, we'll show those paparazzi not to mess with us." Dina struck out her tongue.

I rolled my eyes, "Well, technically, we are messing with them, too. Oh my God, this has to be good. I can't wait to see the priceless expressions on their faces. Oh hey, maybe we could record them and publish it!"

With that, I pulled up to the parking lot of Mallorca Restaurant, Miller Lake's rival. I never got to eat here because firstly, as I mentioned, we were rivals and I am a loyal hoe. Secondly (and frankly the more honest answer), it was way too expensive.

Not that the prices changed, but I sure did. I just want to live life to the fullest, starting right here, from gourmet food.

"Look, look! It's Kiara Espinoza!"

"The girl who lashed out at Daniel Miller! From Miller Lake!" 

"Kiara! Kiara! Over here!"

"Do you have any inside stories about Miller Lake?"

"Is it true that they're infested with mice in the kitchen?"

"KIARA!!!"

I heard multiple shouts, all aimed at me. Suddenly I was surrounded by camera flashes and microphones were literally thrown at me. I was bombarded with questions. My confidence quickly turned into anxiety as I scanned the crowd for an exit way.

I closed my eyes, as if everything would disappear when I opened my eyes again.

But when I did, nothing changed.

Except, somehow, Dina was right next to me.