36

KIARA

"Oh, Senor Damien! What a surprise! Your sister just left but I was not expecting you." The extremely stylish lady exclaimed, greeting us and giving Damien a bone-crushing hug. She looked amazing! I knew she was a lot older but she looked about 27 and her accent was just so... awesome! It sounded like a few accents combined. Her smile was just so radiating. Man, I wish I was like her. I found myself smiling like a crazy man, earning a weird look from Damien.

"Hello, sweet girl. What brings you here with Damien boy?" She asked, smiling.

"Hi, I'm Kiara!" I greeted her back, way too excitedly, "We're looking for a dress."

Stupid. Obviously, you're looking for a dress. This is a literal boutique.

"What kind of dress? Why, we have so much to offer! Be more specific, darling."

I looked at Damien, seeking for his help as I knew nothing of dresses.

"Uh... Well, you know. Maybe... maybe the type of dresses that..." I rambled, I didn't know how to describe a dress -- I didn't even have a certain image in mind, "Oh! You know... You're the expert here. What do you think would fit me best for a family dinner. I'm meeting Damien's parents and I don't want to seem like..."

"Like you're trying too hard but not exactly like you don't care or that you're a mess?"

"Yes, exactly!"

"I have a few options in my mind..." She smiled mischievously, her eyes twinkling. "Well, come on." She motioned to follow her.

"Oh, right, coming!" I walked quickly after her.

"You too, Damien." She eyed him.

"Madame Louise, I think Kiara is more than capable of picking out her own dress." He refused, complaining.

"No, sir. You need to be there just for her. These are such memorable, little details you'll cherish in the future. Now, let's go."

Damien sighed and got up, holding my hand as we followed Madame Louise. Madame talked with a girl who pulled out a rack of clothes.

"Do I have to try all  of them?" My eyes widened. I wanted to cry. This was going to take forever. I could see Damien smirking, delighted by my misery.

"Oh no, beauty. You only wear what makes you happy. If it doesn't make you happy, you cannot feel comfortable in the dress. Pick the ones that you like at first glance."

Oh, thank God!

I pulled Damien behind me, forcing him to look at the dresses with me. I flashed him an innocent smile, "I think we should pick together. You know your parents better and I know what I feel more comfortable in."

I loved myself for dragging him into this. I knew he didn't like dealing with the small details. I'm guessing this was due to the fact that he had others do these things for him. It's not like I hated to dress up, I'm not that girl. But, I have my days and most days, I'm a jean or sweatpants kind of girl and I'd like to think I rock them.

"You're right, babe." He smirked.

Hold up! Why was he smirking?! He was supposed to be miserable. There is definitely something fishy about this...

We sorted through the first few dresses, nothing that we both liked. Towards the end, he picked out what he liked and I picked out what I liked. Then, we'd decided that I would try them on and we would compare and pick from there. 

"Room 3 is available for you two, Mr. Skylor." A girl about my age informed us. We grabbed the dresses and followed the girl.

I thanked her as she left us alone in the room and laid down all the dresses.

"Well, are you planning to leave so I can try these on?"

"Well, babe, this is a couples' room."

"I don't give a fuck if it's a couples' room, babe."

"Shh.." We heard footsteps outside.

"Damien? You can come out here and sit with me while we wait for Kiara to dress." Madame called from outside the room.

I stuck out my tongue at him and did a little victory dance.

"I'll get you back, no worries. Just wait for tonight." He winked at me, leaving the room and leaving me with a squirming stomach. Tonight was going to be a disaster.