63

KIARA

"Excuse me? Who are you calling a golddigger? You don't even know me? I'll have you know that I didn't make a single move towards your nephew. It was he who started it all. So, maybe ask your nephew why he asked me to marry him when I had other plans for my life. Realize that I have a life outside of Damien. I don't have a single family member besides this girl right here..." I pointed to Dina, "...and if this,... I pointed to the two women, "...is how 'families' work, I'm glad as hell I didn't get one. I thought, 'Wow, I finally get a family.' Thanks for proving me wrong." I smiled.

Woah. 

I don't know what got over me there. Yes, I do have a big ass mouth and a tendency to rant, but I genuinely felt hurt.

It was that word. "Goldigger." Damien had accused me of it, too. To have all my efforts, all the pain throughout my life summed under that word... It felt unfair.

"You will let that girl talk to us, tu familia, like that? Control her mouth."

The audacity!

"Enough, Tita. Kiara, and Dina, are both a part of our family now. You must respect her and have no doubt she'll respect you." Damien demanded in his authoritative voice.

"Thank you for the dinner. It was wonderful. I need to unpack our stuff. Damien you can enjoy dinner with you family, I'll unpack yours as well." I announced, standing up. I wanted to be alone and if it took unpacking Damien's shit, I'll take it.

"Yes, thank you so much for the dinner. I'm so happy to have met you all. Kiara, can you show me to my room so I can start unpacking, too." Dina stood up after me, thanking Damien's family.

As I turned around to leave, Damien held my hand. 

"I'll help you unpack," Damien spoke softly and thanked his family.

GreatI mean, obviously very sweet of him, but I just wanted to be alone.

"You good?" Dina asked as the three of us walked side-by-side.

"Yeah, it's fine." I shrugged off the question and gave Dina the we'll-talk-later look.

"Dina, this is your room. We're the first door on your left. No matter the time, place, or event, feel free to come to our room. Good night." Damien explained as he left me alone with her and headed down the hall to our room.

"Thanks. Good night," she replied. Once he entered our room, Dina grabbed my arm and pulled me in for a hug.

"Don't worry. They were just taken back. They'll get used to it. No one can resist you." Dina assured me.

"Thanks, Dee. you're right. I just didn't expect this much. Anyways, let's talk in the morning because I'm not even in a talking mood right now. Ugh, just thinking about all that packing makes me want to groan. So, like Damien said, just barge in -- literally." 

"Dangerous offer for a newly wedded couple. I'll stick to my room, thanks. Don't make too much noise, I want to sleep in peace."

We said good night and I walked back to my room. Damien had started unpacking, but I noticed something strange about the clothes he was holding. Wait a minute, were those my clothes?

"What are you doing?" I asked, embarrassed as I grabbed my undergarments from him. 

"Of all things, of course, you start with my undergarments." I scoffed.

"It was at the top, and I was only trying to help." Damien lied, sheepishly smiling. 

I rolled my eyes, fully knowing that my undergarments were placed underneath, no way near the top, of my luggage.

This was going to take a while...