57

KIARA

Damien wanted to further our heated make-out session to somewhere else doing something else, but thank the Lord, his Dad needed him for an urgent matter. He promised me we would continue tonight. I needed to find a way out.

This wasn't new to me. I was used to using my body as a means to escape. However, before, each touch left a burn mark on my skin. He made me feel disgusting. He made me feel hallow.

But with Damien, I went to heaven and back. I wanted him to do more. To touch me more. I enjoyed it. I wanted it.

I couldn't drag myself into toxicity. I knew not to. I've been down that road. So, I wanted to extend it as far as I could. I was feeling emotions I couldn't control and I didn't want these to stand in the way of my escape.

Knock Knock

"Come in?" I asked, unsurely.

"Hey, Kiara. I just wanted to apologize. For yesterday. You know?" Tyler walked into the room.

"No, actually, I don't know."

"That's not me. Damien just sent me to get you and I just do what they tell me to do."

"Okay."

"Okay? As in we're good?"

"No, Tyler, it's not okay. Do you realize what kind of situation I'm in right now? You could've just let me go. That's all you needed to do."

"What do you mean? I thought you knew about all this? I thought Damien had told you before you two got engaged. You can't put the blame on me. As I said, I just do what they tell me to do. Kiara... are you and Damien good?"

"Yeah, what do you mean?"

"Nothing. I mean how much do you know about... all of this?"

"I.."

"Tyler? What are you doing here?" Damien entered the room. 

"Just checking up. I'll catch you later, Kiara." He waved and left the room quickly. 

"What was that?" Damien asked, a hint of irritation in his voice.

"Just conversing. Don't read too much into it."

"I swear if he has his eyes on you..."

"What the fuck, Damien? That's your brother. Can you not make weird suggestions? Besides, what we have is not real. Calm your tits."

"Kiara, we are getting married within a month whether you like it or not. Get used to the idea."

"Okay, Damien. Can we just go home--"

We both looked up at each other. I didn't mean to call his house home, I'm just tired of dealing with people other than Damien. He was already a lot for me to handle. 

"We'll go home today."

I sighed in relief. 

"But, we will come back often for the wedding preparations."

"Damien, you don't have to drag me into this and make both of us miserable. We never agreed on marriage. Please don't do this to me."

Damien turned around to leave the room, but I grabbed his arm, "Wait, okay. I just want to talk to Dana once more, before we leave. Please. That's all I want and I won't question her on anything I promise, please. I just--"

"Okay, Kiara. You can talk with her." Damien interrupted me.

"--want her to know... What? Okay? Oh my God! Thank you so much!" I hugged him in excitement. 

All I wanted to do was kiss his juicy lips and... Oh my god, he was rubbing off on me. I was literally becoming bipolar just like him. Why did I want to be as far as possible from him one minute but all over him the other? I was crossing dangerous paths.

I broke off our hug and maneuvered my way around the corridors to finally arrive at  Dana's room.

I knocked the door, "Hey, Dana. It's Kiara. Can I come in? Don't worry, your brother knows I'm here."

No response.

I knocked again, "Dana? Are you alright? I'm coming in, sweetheart?"

I slowly pulled down the handle and entered the room. There was no sight of Dana. I looked around her closet and bathroom. She wasn't here. 

Maybe she went downstairs or out to the garden, I thought. Or maybe she went outside? Not like she was in house arrest.

The curtains flying from the wind caught my eye. I walked up to it and pushed it aside. Looking down from the window, I saw Dana running into a black van. Soon, they zoomed out of the residence.

Was she running away..?