54

KIARA 

"Why? Does it excite you, princess?" I heard Damien's voice behind me.

I squealed and jumped but before I could run away, Tyler held me down from the back.

"Let her go, Tyler. She can't run away." 

Tyler's released his hold on me, however, this did nothing to ease my nerves as Damien's glare was digging my grave.

"Damien.." I could finally speak.

"Did you really think you could actually run away?" Damien smirked, "And even if you so impossibly had, you don't think I could have found you?"

He's right. What was I thinking? I threw myself out of the house with no plans to execute. Was I really that naive? To think I could just figure out my way out of this hell. I needed to be smarter than this.

"Tyler. You may leave us alone now. We'll be back inside in a few. Don't tell anyone about this. Kiara and I just had a little argument."

Tyler gave Damien a curt nod and left. You know the, "you're-in-trouble" look. Yeah? That one.

Damien grabbed my arm and pulled me closer. He whispered in my ear, "Listen, Kiara. You're way too involved in my family matters. I don't know what you know or what you don't know. I didn't plan for it to go this far. But you're so damn nosy, always getting into things you really should be staying out of."

"Damien, I promise I don't know anything. I don't want the restaurant. I don't want to play this game anymore. We can make something up... Yeah, I can cheat on you and you'll break up with me. I'll never appear in your life again." I tried squirming out of his grasp.

"You think it's that easy, princess? I will have my eyes on you. Forget about the restaurant until I know I can trust you. The deal's broken. I'm arranging a wedding ceremony for the upcoming month. You're not leaving anywhere anytime soon."

"Damien, please. You're not the mafia. This isn't some book where none of us have no choice but to do this. We can work it out." I cried, pleading.

"Walk. Kiara." Damien pulled me behind him.

"You're hurting me."

I heard Damien mumble, but I couldn't hear the words. What had I gotten myself into? I had no family. No one would even question where I was if not for Dina. But upon hearing the news of the marriage, she would be so thrilled, she wouldn't even suspect a thing. I had signed my own death when making a deal with this man.

Memories of him came rushing in. My happiest memories all clouded by the abuse and force that he had afflicted on me. None of them were different. They were all the same.

Damien finally let go of my wrist when we arrived at our room.

"You know? I thought you were different. I thought, maybe -- finally-- it was going to be different. We could have been different. I'll admit, I didn't think 2 shits of you when we first met, but as we slowly started spending time together, I thought things were changing. How mistaken I was. How foolish of me. You're no different than him. You're all the same!" 

"Kiara!" Damien yelled, "STOP!"

I couldn't hold it in anymore. I broke into tears.