25

KIARA

YOLO?!

Ew, cringe. Don't say that ever -- or think it ever.

My mischevious smile was a reflection of Dina's.

"Why are you smiling like that..? You're weird." I asked.

"He's jealous."

"Whaatt... Yeah, right." I scoffed, adding a little more buttermilk to the mash of potatoes.

"Where are we going tonight?" Dina changed the subject.

"Hmm... I don't know. We'll see."

"You know, that what you said that day." Dina referred to the day I became semi-famous.

I laughed as I seasoned the mashed potatoes with a little bit of salt and pepper.

"Okay, I'm done. I'm just going to leave Damien a little note so he can heat his meal." I explained to Dina.

"Don't you have to technically like... serve him?" She asked me.

"Pfftt... No. I'm a cook, not a server or whatever. I mean, if I was home, I would do it. No big deal. But, I won't be home and I'm pretty sure he has no idea how to heat up a meal. So... Wait, do you think I smell? Should I take a quick shower?"

"Yeah, you smell like pork chops." Dina laughed.

I promised to be down in 10 minutes and ran upstairs to hop in the shower. Within minutes, I was out and with a towel wrapped around my body and a blow dryer on my hand.

I wore a simple gray crop top and black jeans.

"I'm ready. Let's go!" I yelled at Dina, walking towards the door.

Dina yelled back at me from the bathroom, "I'm coming!"

I opened the door and saw a very tired-but-ultra-hot-looking Damien in front of me.

"Oh, hi."

"Kiara, where are you going? It's getting late. You work for me and I'm not allowing it."

"Come on, Damien. I won't stay out too long. God... are you my dad?"

"Kiara, we need to talk."

"Oh, look it's Dina. Your dinner is obviously in the kitchen. Have a good night without me. Bye!"

I touched his shoulder as I passed by him. Embarrassed, I quickly pulled it away and waved at him.

Damn it, why am I so stupid?!