65

KIARA

I woke up in the arms of a shirtless Damien. Seriously? When did this man strip? I quickly checked myself in fear. I sighed in relief as I felt my cozy pjs still on my body. 

Hadn't this man went to sleep in a white t-shirt. What the hell had happened to it?

With little to no room to move around in his arms, I almost broke my neck trying to look at the time. It was 8 a.m. which was way too early for a woman with nothing to do. I tried to go back to sleep but Damien's freakishly handsome, relaxed, sleeping face was distracting me.

In this state, he looked so innocent, so pure. This gentle man is someone I could fall for. As I fantasized about Damien being a gentleman for once in his life, my eyes got distracted by his lips. 

What if I just...?

No.

Obviously not, I thought to myself. Without consent? As a girl, I know better.

However, my intense stare might have been the cause behind Damien suddenly waking up.

With no words exchanged, we just looked at each other. I felt in peace, calm, tranquil - a zen state of mind.

"I want to kiss you so bad right now," Damien groaned with his morning voice which was basically music to my ears.

"Too bad." I threw my pillow at him as I got up to brush my teeth and wash my face.

"Hey!" Damien got up and followed me into to bathroom.

"We didn't even do anything on our first night as husband and wife." Damien teased.

"Look at me," I muffled out, my mouth full of foamed toothpaste. Without a care, I continued talking.

"We," I motioned my pointer finger between us, "are not actually married."

I spat out the toothpaste and washed my mouth. 

"Last time I checked our marriage license had both our names in it."

"You know what I mean," I said as I foamed up my face wash between my hands.

"Besides," I continued, "We have other things we need to talk about."

"Such as?" Damien asked, clueless.

I scoffed, "What the hell am I supposed to do with no job the entire day? I sure as hell am not spending any more time than I need to in this house as long as your aunt and grandma are here. No offense. I'm sure they're great to you but they're not exactly head over heels for me. Imagine if I was your real wife. Just the thought of it makes me shudder. May God help your future wife."

"So, what I'm getting from this is that you'd like to work?"

"Yes, exactly." I splashed my face, keeping my eyes shut tightly.

Damien leaned over the door frame.

"I'm not exactly sure that's the best thing right now considering th--" 

"I didn't ask, Damien. I just have the decency to inform you."

"Look, Kiara, if you really have your heart set on doing this, you can start at the cafeteria in my company for now until I have the restaurant ready. Then, you can start there. Plus this will be more of a learning experience for you."

"Sure, I don't care as long as I'm out of the house." I dried my face.

"Anything else?" Damien asked, smiling at me.

"Stop looking at me like that weirdo." I threw the towel at him.

He caught it laughing, "If you don't have anything else to say I would like to shower. Unless you'd like to join?"