62

KIARA

Before it got awkward, I quickly found my words and said, "I explained it exactly as we talked. I told her I loved you and we got married and yes although it was rushed we did it because Dana yada yada yada."

"Okay, good. Go pack quickly so we can get to my parent's house before dinner." Damien instructed.

I left his room and scurried to mine. I tried to pack quickly so we could get "home" fast. I was tired of driving around and packing all day. Of course, unpacking was waiting for me at home, but that was just one last obstacle standing in front of my hot, relaxing bath time. Also, there was the possibility of Dina seeing our separate rooms, but that can easily be explained since I had worked as Damien's personal chef before I became his wife.

Crazy how one decision can flip your life upside down. What would I be doing, where would I be, if I never bumped into Damien? If I never flipped off the girl at the restaurant?

It was too late to waste my energy on such pondering. I had made my decisions, and I had to look ahead.

As I packed my last toiletries and zipped up my bag, I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in," I answered.

"Hey, you done?" Damien asked.

"All packed up," I smiled, showing him my bag.

"Alright, let me take that and you head downstairs. I'm going to have a final look at my office. Then, we can leave."

I nodded and headed downstairs. Dina was sitting on the couch, watching TV.

"Having fun, huh? We can head to the car now." I smiled.

"Wow, that was fast." Dina turned off the TV.

Both of us got inside the car, waiting for Damien who showed up 2 minutes after us. He placed the bags in the luggage and got inside the car. 

"It's a bit of a long car ride, so prepare yourself," I warned Dina.

She laughed, "Well turn up the music then girl. What are you waiting for?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed as I connected my phone to the car's Bluetooth.

Damien groaned as he heard the beginnings of yet another One Direction song.

What? I need a reunion. This was me manifesting it, okay? Thanks.

Dina and I sang out our hearts. I almost shed a tear to Night Changes. I could relate to it now more than ever before. Soon, we stopped at a gas station to fill the car and get snacks. Damien reminded us that we are expected for dinner, but there was nothing I craved more than Takis right now.

Honestly, it gave me a stomach ache but my mouth waters with the slightest thought of it. In my eyes, the pros outweighed the cons. 

"What is that?" Damien asked, pointing to the bag of Takis with a horrified and disgusted look.

"Boy, you are missing out," I said as I popped the bag open, "Oh my God, my mouth is watering like a freaking fountain."

Dina laughed at my remark. I took a single Takis and devoured it. The crunch and flavors brought pleasure to my ears and taste buds. 

Damien gave me a weird look. I got uncomfortable under his gaze. 

"Keep your eyes on the road," I grumbled.

"That good?" he asked, "Let me try."

I handed him a piece but he said there was no way he was getting the red stuff on his hands.

"Oh man up," I sighed as I fed it to him. I felt wetness as he licked my finger. I gulped.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"I could do better," he smirked, suggestively. However, his eyes landed on the mirror showing Dina, "I mean, you... you could do better. I expected something better, from all your moans."

"It is good! What do you mean? It is so moan-worthy. Are your taste buds not working?"

Damien still had the same smirk plastered across his face as he continued driving. Dina was half asleep. She had gotten some snacks but she said she would save them for later. She didn't want to disrespect anyone by showing up to a dinner with a full stomach.

Seeing the familiar entrance, I softly awoke Dina. She stood in awe as we drove towards the house.

"Wow, Damien. Your family has a beautiful house. I mean, your house is also beautiful but this is another level."

"Thank you." Damien smiled. 

We walked out of the car. Dina went to get her luggage, but Damien instructed two people to place them in our rooms. I made sure Dina's room was close to our room. I didn't want to travel 2-3 business days through the hallways to see my best friend. 

"Welcome," Christina exclaimed with happiness, "Ah, and you must be Dina. You're gorgeous. I'm Christina, Damien's mother."

"Thank you so much. It's a pleasure meeting you," Dina greeted back. Dina was just too polite, though it's obviously a good thing. She has always been the favorite amongst adults. She was proper, kind, and generous -- everything I wasn't. How did we ever become friends?

We walked inside to the dining room. I could hear Jack ushering everyone from the living room to the dining room. Dina's shocked face in awe mirrored mine the first time I was here.

Everyone welcomed us and took their seat. With Dina and Damien on both my sides, we took our seats as well.

As we ate, I felt stares from Damien's aunt and grandma, but luckily Christina and Jack were having a grat conversation with Dina. I looked around to anyone, anywhere but his grandma and aunt, I noticed Tyler not being able to get his gaze off Dina. A little smirk appeared on my face as I caught Dina giving occasional, quick glances back. 

Damien seemed to catch on and shook his head asking for the purpose behind my smirk. I pointed at his brother and my best friend with my eyes. He shook his head chuckling, which caught the attention of the company. 

"What's so funny? Humor us," Jack asked, smiling genuinely. This man was old but on God his smile was the liveliest thing ever. It brought life to the entire table within seconds. 

"Oh, just Kiara and her jokes," Damien smirked, dragging me into the fire.

"Kiara's jokes are literally the opposite of funny. You must be deeply in love if you laughed at anything she said." Dina jumped in, unknowingly saving me. I would forget this insult. My jokes were funny and I could totally crack jokes on spot. Everyone knows that.

Damien smiled at Dina and stood up. I looked at him with a confused expression. He started to speak, "Kiara and I have an announcement."

He held my hand and I got up, following his lead. I guess I could think of this job as a hired acting service.

Damien continued, "Kiara and I got married today."

"WHAT?!" Damien's grandmother stood up, her hands started to shake, "What of our traditions? Who is this girl that you've married? I've barely met her, let alone the family. You'll crush your family ad traditions over this girl?"

I was not expecting an outbreak. So what we didn't have a wedding? God, this woman was way too extra.

"YOU LET THIS GOLDDIGER INTO OUR FAMILY?" Aunt Lexi roared after her mother.

Excuse me?