5

KIARA

"What's up?" I asked, feeling a bit nervous.

"I... You see, I got fired." she stated, guilty.

"BWHAHAHAH!" I laughed out loud, "That's what you were worried about. Girl, I got fired, too, remember?"

"I know. And that's exactly the problem. We're both jobless. How are we going to pay the rent? How are we going to buy groceries? You know how I am without chocolate!" Dina rambled frantically.

Oh, yeah... That's right. We do need money. But, it's not the end of the world. Dina was like that, though. She was an overthinker. I'll think of something. I usually do. Worst case scenario, I'll become a stripper or a prostitute; whichever pays the most. Honestly, that doesn't sound too bad.

"You're right. We should start searching for jobs immediately. But, we won't end up on the street."

Dina panicked.

"At least, not yet." I added, trying to get her to smile.

Failing to succeed on my mission, I came up with a new plan.

"So, what'd you do to get fired?" I asked, grinning manically.

"Ugh! You know Lina? The secretary that annoys the fuck out of me? She said the only reason why I got my job was that I was sleeping with my boss. I shrugged it off. Later on, she told me I couldn't even make a simple espresso. She pushed me to my limit, today. So, I pulled her hair and the extensions just... ripped." she explained.

I burst out laughing. Images of the scene I had caused in Miller Lake flashed my mind. I had also told my boss he had slept with Elena, his boss. I laughed harder at this. Lina's nickname that I had so wisely come up with is double-lips. She had a lip injection last year. And let's just say it didn't go as she thought it would.

"HAHAH! I CAN JUST PICTURE IT! DOUBLE-LIP GONE BALD!!!" Once I was able to calm myself, I asked her the real question, "But why did you get fired? Surely it couldn't have been because of that."

"No... Alex called me into his office. He asked me why I caused a scene. I was already mad, and although he tried to talk serenely, I blew out on him and threw some files on his desk at him and ran out. Behind me... he told me I was fired. Actually, it was more like he screamed at me."

"No way. That boy was totally into you that day I came to visit you." I rejected.

"Even if he did once, he no longer does. He made that pretty obvious. You know what? He can have Lina. They deserve each other. Motherfuckers."

I sniff the air, "Do..Do you smell that?"

Dina starts sniffing the air after me, "I don't smell anything."

"I think... I think I smell jealousy." I tease her.

She hits me playfully, "I am NOT jealous."

Our food is finally served. I don't even bother fighting back as I dive into the masterpiece standing before me.

I took one huge bite and chewed it for hours, pretending I was in in a commercial. Dina laughed and mimicked me. We were giggling around, messing with our food when the ruckus from the next table grabbed our attention.

I looked over, not caring that I was eavesdropping.

"I just want a taste tour! I can't eat everything, you know? My stomach is very... sensitive. And, I can't eat food that looks disgusting. BABY... DO SOMETHING!" A woman yelled, with a pitch so high, it should be illegal.

"Look, just get her what she wants." The man sighed. I couldn't see his facial expression, as the waiter was covering him from my sight.

"I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, sir. However, we don't give out taste tours. I did not make this rule, nor can I do anything about it." The waiter explained himself.

"BABBYYYY!!!!" The woman whined.

"There is nothing he can do about it, darling." He sounded pretty annoyed.

"YOU KNOW WHAT?! HOW MUCH DO YOU GET PAID FOR THIS JOB? BECAUSE YOU DO NOT DESERVE EVEN A PENNY OF IT! YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO SERVE US, YOU SERVANT! THAT'S WHY YOU'RE GETTING PAID! I COULD RIP THAT SALARY OFF RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!"

And this is when I dramatically pulled my chair out, making a loud noise, and got up.