31

KIARA

My skull pounded and pounded until it heard the ringing bells of death and my body felt as if it had the trials of time.

I think I died.

Or I was just sore.

After a quick stretch, I decided to take a shower because... I smelled.

It was 11 a.m., I hadn't planned to start the day the late, but after the CAT-astrophic events of this week and mainly yesterday, I believe this was much needed, at least to clear my head.

I got out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel. I headed downstairs to get some water so I could start my day healthy.

"Kiara are you--"

"AHH!"

"WHAT HAPPENED?"

"What the hell? Why are you still home?" I held on tight to my towel.

"I woke up late because someone kept me up all night from rambling so I decided to work from home."

"Um, okay, I have to dress up so--"

"DING-DONG!" The doorbell rang.

"Wait. Stay here, I'll get it."

"I have to ch-- uh, nevermind."

"DAMIEN! HI, BABE! I came for Juju. He didn't want to leave yesterday so I thought he could spend some Daddy time with you."

Cringe

I felt something furry caressing my legs. Looking down, I see the cat, Juju. Oh no...

"Oh, there he is! In the kitchen, excuse me." Lilian let herself in the house.

"Juju! Come to mama. Oh... You're here, too?" She gave me a disgusted look.

"Yeah, considering I live here."  I rolled my eyes.

"Lilian, now that you got Juju, I think you can leave." Damien came by my side.

"Yeah, you should probably leave. I'm going upstairs to get dressed, babe." I gave him a quick peck on the cheek and headed upstairs. 

I dressed in a brown sweater and jeans, simple but cute. In the midst of braiding my hair, Damien barges into my room.

"Um, excuse me... I could've been naked. Why you barging in like this my guy?" I asked. 

"Why did you kiss me?"

"Chill, it was just a peck on the cheek. It's not like I was dying to kiss you. I just thought it'd be believable, you know? And Lilian was being annoying so..."

"Kiara, I don't do relationships or kisses, or anything commitment-related. If you're gonna do something like that again, give me some notice, alright?"

"Oh, okay. So, you're saying, in the middle of dinner, with your whole family, I go, 'Damien, honey, I'm going to kiss you. Are you ready?' Tell me you're not serious right now. I'm willing to bet you and Lilian did dirtier things than just a simple peck. But, alright, I won't kiss you or be your fake-fiance."

"Oh my God, Kiara. Stop making a big deal. Alright, you can kiss me."

"No, I don't want to." I tied my braid.

"No, you can." 

"I won't, no worries."

"No, please kiss me."