16

KIARA

"It's beautiful." Dina remarked.

"It's so big." I added on.

"That's what she said." Dina smirked.

I playfully hit her arm as we walked inside. A woman near her late 30s greeted me, professionally.

"Welcome, Ms. Espinoza. My name is Delilah Evans." She gave a look to Dina, obviously not expecting her to be with me.

"We were informed with just your arrival, ma'am."

"Um. Hi. This is my best friend, Dina. She just wanted to help me around. She's leaving in 15 minutes, or less, anyways." I explained, earning an "I'm not leaving anytime soon" look from Dina.

"Very well. Mr. Skylor does not like last minute things. I will show you to the kitchen and your room, the only two rooms you will ever need. I suggest you don't wander around. Mr. Skylor doesn't like snooping, either. There are some rooms labeled for common use, for when Mr. Skylor has guests or friends over. With permission, you are allowed to enter these rooms." Delilah went on and on about Mr. Skylor's dislikes and the rules I needed to follow as she led me to a few rooms.

I need a fucking map or I swear to god I will get lost.

"...Is everything understood? Any thoughts, comments, questions?" Delilah asked.

"Sounds good." I nodded.

"One more thing. Do not move things around. Don't change the places of the items you use. Mr. Skylor is extremely organized. Nothing can be out of place. And with that, I wish you the best of luck. Not many chefs make it for the first 2 weeks. We'll see how you do. Bye!"

As soon as she left, I could feel myself finally breathe. She was such an uptight woman.

I look around myself. The outside of the house was beautiful, and so was the inside. However, the inside was just so... dull and lifeless. The furniture and decor were perfect and modern but the vibe was killing it.

Clearing my thoughts, I realized Dina was roaming around, touching everything. She finally flopped down on the couch.

"Ah... This is the life of my dreams."

"Come on, Dina. It's getting late. I still need to explore the kitchen so I can get used to it and work comfortably. I have to see what I need to buy and finalize what I will make for dinner. And then, I actually have to make dinner. Look around and leave. I mean, I love you, boo, but, you know how I am when it comes to cooking. I'm stressing already..." I list everything that needs to be done within a few hours.

"Hey, don't worry, Kiara. I totally get it. And I think I got a good tour of the house. Look, I even took pictures! I need to look for a job, anyways. So, see you! Bye! Love you! Good luck!" Dina wishes me luck as she leaves, waving me a good-bye.

I entered the kitchen and looked through every goddamn cabinet, drawers, and cupboards. I looked through the fridge, as well. During this, I wrote down everything I needed to buy. Then, I sat down to think about dinner.

What should I make...?

What does Damien like..?

I didn't realize how the time past until I looked at the time. I've lost an hour, already! Mentally scolding myself, I quickly get ready and ask one of the chauffeurs to drive me to certain places. What was worse is that I liked quality food, and for quality food, I need quality ingredients. I needed to visit several places to get these ingredients.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 hours.

2 fucking hours.

I am finally at Damien's. I put away everything I bought except for those that I will need for tonight. I immediately began chopping down vegetables and getting the dough ready. I didn't know exactly what I was making but I had an idea. I decided to make several meals so Damien could have a variety to choose from and a good first impression.

I put on some music and continued to cook, singing loudly and dancing recklessly. 

Life was turning around better than I expected.