30

KIARA 

I rushed after Damien. He had a lot of explaining to do. I had so many questions. Do we have to put on this facade or is it just a one-time thing? 

No, Kiara! You're not in a romance novel. You will stand your ground and demand him to tell the truth.

"Damien! Open the door!"

"I'm naked, but I always knew you were interested."

"Oh my God, I am NOT interested in anything involving you, let alone your naked body!" I rested against the door and continued, "If anything, you're interested in me! I mean, you're the one suddenly announcing me as your freaking fiance! What more should I expec--- Woah!"

Suddenly, the door opened and I fell back.

"Ah! What the hell?!" I yelled, now completely laying on the floor.

"It's almost 1 a.m., it's time to sleep, not babble. Unlike you, I have places to be, people to see early in the morning tomorrow." Damien complained, his hair messy. I examined him inadvertently; this was the first time I saw him in casual clothing rather than his usual formal attire.

"You're not naked, liar."

"A ha! I knew you were interested."

"I am not! I was just saying. You know what, you are very tiring. I am going to bed. Wait... What is that?" I got up and entered his room, "Oh my God, is that a cat?"

"It's... It's not. I mean, it is. But, it's not my cat."

I gave him a confused expression.

"He's Lilian's..."

"And why exactly is he here and not with Lilian?" I questioned.

"She came here with him but when I ran up, I heard noises in the bathroom and realized he has been here the whole time."

"It's an excuse to come here, again. Oh my God, she is too good... Wait a minute, speaking of Lilian..." I sat on his bed, "I believe you have some explaining to do."

"Kiara, tomorrow, please... It's so late."

"No, Damien. What if Lilian comes here tomorrow to fish for information? I tell her one thing, you tell her another and boom! Catastrophe in its purest form. Hell, what the fuck am I saying, we are NOT doing this. Tell them we are breaking up or something." I eyed Damien as he got inside the covers.

"I'm listening."

I rolled my eyes and continued rambling, "Or even better, tell the truth. I don't want to be involved in any of this. My life does not need any more stress than it already has. Do you know how hard it is to be away from your fam... Damien? Damien, are you sleeping? Oh my God, "I'm listening" my ass."

I felt bad, he has to wake up in a few hours and spend his day working. After getting a quick glance at his sexy face, I went back to my room.

How am I going to survive this?