24

KIARA

"What is this man trying to do?! What the actual fuck..! What does this even mean? Ugh. I'm calling him back."

I dialed Damien's number, fuming with anger. If this is about last night... I don't know what I'll do but I'm going to do something he'll regret.

"Kiara. Not right now, love. We'll talk when I get home." He hung up on me, once again.

Okay. Calm down, Kiara. Just cook. That helps you calm down. Just bottle it up now and take your anger out on him tonight.

I took a breath in and walked back to the kitchen.

"What took you so long?" Dina asked, smirking.

"Please, don't start. Let's talk about something else, like... ALEX!" I giggled, accomplishing my mission of annoying Dina.

"Let's not."

"Aw, c'mon. If you're so over him, why is it so hard to talk about him? Bro, haven't I taught you not to believe everything you read. Being the clingy bitch she is, Lina probably ran after him and the pap caught them. Flash news! New couple in town. Yeah, right. I've seen the way he looks at you, girlie. These eyes don't lie." I smiled, taking out the ingredients. I decided to make some pork chops with apples and garlic along with mashed potatoes.

"I don't know, Kiki. I used to think this was just a silly old crush, but why does it hurt so bad to see him with someone else?"

"Simple. You're in love, sweetie." I laughed, putting the potatoes and garlic in a saucepan.

"I am..?" Dina thought out loud, "Oh my Gosh! I am!"

"Finally." I sighed.

"My first love and first rejection." 

"Hey! Who said you were rejected?! You need to tell him to be rejected!"

"NO WAY! Kiara, no." 

I shrugged, raising my eyebrows. Setting aside the chops I just cooked, I started draining my potatoes.

I was about to start talking when my phone rang.

I looked at the caller ID and back to Dina who was smirking. I rolled my eyes and picked up the call.

"What is it, Mr. Skylor?  I mean, what is it that graced me with this phone call?"

"I know you're confused but I'll explain at dinner. I'm just calling to tell you that I'll be coming home earlier tonight."

"I'm not gonna be home tonight." 

"Why?"

"I'm going out with my friend."

"Where? Which friend? Why am I informed about this now?" 

"Oh my God, Damien. I didn't know I had to report everything to you. The point is, you have been informed. See you later tonight."

"Kiar--"

This time I hung up on him, risking the chance to get fired. What the hell? YOLO.