37

KIARA

"This is the last one." I thanked God. It felt like we've been here for hours. Who knew changing to and from different dresses is so much labor?

"Damn, baby. Turn around let me see that ass." Damien smirked.

Madame Louise laughed at us arguing back and forth.

I turn around slowly and turn back quickly.

"Ooff... I hit that."

"Boy, shut up before I smack you."

"I'll leave you two to decide. I'll be back in 5 minutes." Madame left to talk with a new customer up front.

"What the fuck was all that?" I asked angrily, "I just want to get out of here. Just pick one."

"Your dress. You pick." Damien shrugged.

"Alright, how about we buy this one so I don't have to change, again? We wouldn't have to go back home." I suggested, pleading to get out of here. The walls seemed to close in on me.

"You guys all set here?" the same girl that led us into this room asked, holding a tray of 2 cups of water. Isabelle, I think was her name.

"Oh my God, thank you. I really needed this." I snatched the cup and gulped it down.

Damien and Isabelle left the room to pay for the dress while I gathered my own clothes. I let out my braids and tried styling my hair. I could fix up my makeup in the car and spray a bit of perfume and then I'd be good. 

"We're done, babe. Let's go." Damien stood by the door, calling me.

"Damien, I told you to stop calling me that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"BABY YOU LIGHT UP MY WORLD LIKE NOBODY ELSE. THE WAY THAT YOU FLIP YOUR HAIR GETS ME OVERWHELMED." I sang loudly. Although it was chilly out, I had my window down and was jamming in the car while Damien was driving.

"I regret letting you put on music. I really do."

"Oh, shut up. The best part is coming... YOU DON'T KNO-O-O, YOU DON'T KNOW YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!"

"Alright, Kiara. I think that's enough for today." He turned off the audio.

"Awh." I pouted. Dismissing him, I searched up pictures of Harry Styles and admired God's creation. He is so beautiful, "I want to marry this cutie. Oh, the things I would do to him."

"Woah, baby. We're not getting married anytime soon but if you really want to do things to me, you're welcome to do so."

"Ew, Damien. Shut up. I'm talking about Harry Styles, you dumbo." I laughed at him.

"Quit laughing." He rolled his eyes.

I smirked at him. Oh, how the tables have turned. I flipped the vanity mirror and got closer so  I could inspect my makeup. I don't normally wear makeup not because I don't need it but it takes so long for me to do. I really love makeup, though, and have a weird obsession where I buy anything I see but barely use it. 

I reapplied another coat of mascara, lightly powdered my face, and went through my eyebrows with an eyebrow gel. I spritzed my face and applied highlighter. Perfect. We love a glowy queen.

"Damn, how you do all that in a moving car?" I heard Damien mumble.

"You should see me on the bus. I used to take the bus to Miller Lake and I would wake up so late I'd just wear jeans and a random shirt since I'd be wearing my apron there and would rush out the door to catch the bus. I did everything on the bus: my hair, makeup, perfume..."

Damien laughed, "You're a mess."

We pulled up in front of a huge gate. Suddenly, the gate doors opened by themselves.

"Woah." I marveled over the castle. I mean, it looked like a castle. The exterior looked like it was made out of stone, or something of that sort. There were beautiful plants, trees, and flowers, adding a pop of color, in contrast to the stone. The clear, blue pool looked so sleek, I didn't think anyone would want to go in and ruin its smoothness. The front door alone could accommodate a family of giraffes.

"Don't worry. You'll be fine and I'm right here." Damien held my hand.

Right... Time to get into character.

PLEASE LIKE AND COMMENT! AH ILYYY <33!!!