Chapter CLXVIII - Bechloe: What Are The Odds?

Idea by justnobody31

Chloe couldn't remember the last time she felt so happy. Coming home from a date that she shared with such a wonderful woman was the best way to end her Saturday. The redhead was hesitant to going out and meeting someone since she had a little girl to take care of but she thought it was time to try. Being a single mom was hard but she managed well enough but that didn't take away the fact that she got romantically lonely.

"Mommy!"

"Emily!"

Chloe picked up her daughter and peppered her with kisses all of which made the brunette giggle. Chloe loved that sound more than anything.

"How was she?" Chloe asked her best friend.

"Perfect as always," Aubrey answered.

"Of course! My girl wouldn't be any other way," Chloe kissed Emily again.

"How was your date?"

"Oh, amazing, Bree. She's so cute and funny and just... amazing," she answered dreamily.

"So you're smitten?"

"A little," the redhead blushed.

"Well, she looks like trouble if you ask me so I'd be careful."

"Oh, Bree! You're always saying that. I'll be fine. I'm a big girl and I've done well getting through life so far."

"You have but relationships are trying and you never know what could happen."

"Yes, and you said exactly that when you were confused about whether or not to date Stacie, and yet, you're married and have a little girl of your own."

"In my defense, Stacie wouldn't leave me alone until I said yes."

"And you're so glad she did that."

Aubrey couldn't control her smile. "Yes, I am."

"Are you tired, bubba?" Chloe turned to her daughter who was yawning and rubbing her eyes.

"Yeah..."

"Let's put you to bed then, huh?"

"Okay..."

"Say goodnight to auntie Bree."

"Goodnight auntie Bree."

"Goodnight, darling girl." Aubrey kissed Emily's head before giving Chloe a hug. "I'm glad you enjoyed your date."

"Me, too. Thank you for looking after Em."

"Any time. I'll see you later. Now, I have to get home and put my two girls to bed."

"Cute. Have fun!"

"I will."

Aubrey left, allowing Chloe to put Emily to bed who was already falling asleep on her shoulder. Chloe carefully tucked her daughter under the sheets, sealing the evening with a kiss on her head. The redhead left the bedroom quietly and went into her room to have a shower and when she came out, her phone had several texts waiting for her - all from her date and Chloe couldn't stop smiling.

Beca: Hey, I just wanted to say that I had a really good time with you tonight.

Beca: I want to do it again soon. Like, this coming week soon.

Beca: I hate how much I think about you, you know? It's crazy.

Beca: Seriously, dude, what the hell am I doing? I never do this. What have you done to me?