Chapter XC - Bechloe: Welcome To Barden (Part 2)

Chloe tried her upmost to focus on her studies but all she could focus on was Beca. The redhead's mind wouldn't let her think about anything else and Chloe hated it. She was fond of Beca but she meant what she said. She had other commitments, which was understandable and the fact that Beca was a lot younger than Chloe made Chloe think that she couldn't be with the brunette. The woman had just gone through a rough divorce so Beca was no doubt a rebound and Beca knew that but she hoped that she was wrong. Unfortunately, when Chloe said that what they had was just fun, Beca knew she had been played.

The interesting thing was that Chloe really did like Beca. They had fun together at parties and they got along really well. They enjoyed one another's company and Beca treated Chloe like she was a queen. Chloe hadn't been treated so well in her life, which was one of the many reasons why Chloe kept on going back to Beca. Beca was an amazing young woman and Chloe felt very lucky that she had met Beca at that party she went to a while ago. Despite Beca having a badass persona and attitude, she was really sweet and Chloe felt very honoured that Beca was so kind to her and wasn't afraid to let her guard down around Chloe. Chloe wasn't happy that she made Beca upset but she was convinced that she and Beca were only fooling around and what they did was unable to lead into anything serious.

Unbeknown to Chloe, Beca was heartbroken. She really, REALLY liked Chloe. The brunette was confident that she was in love with the woman. Beca didn't care that Chloe was older than her and had a daughter roughly the same age as she was. Beca didn't care that Chloe had been married before and had just divorced her dickhead of a husband. Beca didn't care about any of that. What Beca saw was a woman who was determined to finish what she started and who knew how to have a good time in the process. Chloe may have been in her forties but she had the spirit of a twenty-year-old and Beca loved it. She loved everything about Chloe, which is why Beca was so hurt when Chloe broke things off between them.

Beca didn't have the best start in life since her parents divorced when she was a child. She didn't really get along well with kids in school and by the time she got into high school, Beca began to shut everyone out in fear of getting hurt. Her father said that it was a very lonely path to go down and not the way someone should live their life but it was easier for Beca that way and it worked well up until she met Chloe. When Beca met Chloe, she fell for her hard. It was as if Chloe came in and destroyed Beca's protection walls without even trying. Beca was a completely different person when she met the redhead and there was nothing Beca could have done to stop it. In Beca's eyes, Chloe was the only one for her and Beca wasn't going to settle for anything or anyone less.

It had been just over a month since Chloe broke things off with Beca. Chloe still thought about Beca and still saw her in class sometimes but didn't talk to her. It was a little awkward but Chloe focused on her class, which helped take her mind off of Beca. Things were all going well for Chloe to the point where she went to several more parties with her daughter who now loved having her mother by her side. It was a beautiful experience for both women and Chloe knew that going back to college was the right thing for her and that she was right where she needed to be. What made things even better was that Emily's friends were now Chloe's friends, too. Emily thought it was a little weird but she got used to it and they were all good friends and it was exactly what Chloe needed to forget about her horrible divorce from her ex-husband who was now dating a realtor who was also a complete bitch, especially to Chloe. The two were practically enemies but Chloe didn't care.

After finishing a bunch of assignments, Chloe was out for dinner with her best friend Gail and two other friends, Jessica and Ashley. Chloe was being quiet all night and when Gail asked, Chloe said that she was just enjoying the conversation and enjoying having a peaceful night out when in actual fact she was thinking about Beca. Chloe wasn't sure why she was still thinking about Beca but she was. However, Chloe didn't think about Beca much longer when she saw her ex-husband Chicago walk into the restaurant with his new partner in crime, Aubrey Posen. Chloe tried to hide from the couple but failed.