Chapter III - Bechloe: 1-800-273-8255

Idea by @bechloe119

Let's get one thing straight first, Beca Mitchell loved Chloe Beale more than anything else in the world. The two of them began dating during Beca's first year at Barden University. They both felt something special between them. It was an immediate attraction that had to be acted upon. They got along like best friends and loved each other for all of their faults. Beca had been a very closed off person but Chloe was patient so she slowly chipped away at Beca's walls, which Beca allowed to come crumbling down and allow Chloe to see her for who she really was. She was vulnerable but she trusted Chloe and Chloe never broke that trust. She loved Beca so much, words failed to explain just how much. Things between the couple were great. Beca had never felt so good about herself and being in a relationship. Chloe was everything Beca wanted and needed and she wouldn't have changed it for the world.

However, there were times when Beca felt quite down and somewhat depressed. When Beca was younger, her mother left her and her father and Beca never fully got over it. She talked to Chloe about everything, but her mother was something that Beca liked to keep to herself. Chloe could see that Beca was still hurting but the last thing she wanted to do was push the younger woman. Chloe cared too much about Beca to satiate her own curiosity and need to fix things. Beca, more often than she would have liked, thought about her mother. She always wondered why she left. Her father said that he and Beca's mother just didn't work out and that's all there was to it but Beca felt like there was more. Her father kept saying the same thing over and over and Beca couldn't let it go for some reason. She didn't understand why her mother would just leave and not stay in contact.

Beca thought that it was because of her or because she hated Beca's father so much that she couldn't even bother to stay in touch with her daughter. So many thoughts went around in Beca's mind and Beca wished that they didn't. Those thoughts led Beca to doubt herself and her value and worth as a person. Yes, she had Chloe who made her feel like the most precious thing in the world but Beca's mother, the woman who was supposed to care for her and be a good female role model wasn't there for her. Beca felt like she missed out on the mother train and she hated it. At first, she didn't care, or at least, that's what she convinced herself to believe but deep down, Beca was hurting and she honestly felt like she wasn't good enough because her mother didn't stay and didn't bother to stay in contact with her.

Of course, in true Beca Mitchell fashion, she never told Chloe that. She never could tell Chloe things like that because she knew that it would have just broken Chloe's heart. That, and Beca was never fond of talking about her feelings and showing people the real her, despite Chloe knowing pretty much everything there was to know about Beca. The more Beca thought about her mother, the more upset she became and that let to self-doubt, low self-worth, and ultimately, bouts of depression. When that rolled around, Beca felt like there was no escape and that she wasn't worth a damn thing. The days were long and dark. It was as if a massive, thick, black blanket was wrapped around Beca, smothering her with no hope of escape. Those days were the worst and when she had those days, Beca always made the effort to stay away from her girlfriend and everyone else for that matter.

Beca hated feeling that way and since she didn't like talking about things, she did what she always did whenever she needed to speak her mind without actually speaking - she wrote a song. She began writing a song the best she could with all of the emotions going through her. It was tough, emotional, and draining but Beca made a start.

I've been on the low
I been taking my time
I feel like I'm out of my mind
It feel like my life ain't mine
Who can relate?
I've been on the low
I been taking my time
I feel like I'm out of my mind
It feel like my life ain't mine