Chapter CXXXIV - Bechloe: Love In The Time of Plague

Idea by CBClay

Sickness is everywhere. A plague crashes through the city of Los Angeles, destroying everything and everyone in its path. Hospitals are full, clinics are quarantined as people knock on death's door. Chloe Beale, a well-known doctor is working day and night looking after patients who have caught the virus, trying her utmost to save them but sometimes, she isn't always successful. It's hard for the redhead to witness death claim another life but she forces herself to move on because she has to. Years of being a doctor, Chloe has hardened herself to a lot of things but she hasn't seen anything like this nor did she ever think that she would either.

However, what makes things even harder is that Beca Mitchell - the long lost love of Chloe's life - is now infected to the point where she has to be in isolation as she is highly contagious. It breaks Chloe's heart to see the love of her life in a quarantine room all by herself but she is grateful that she was able to get her in there since thousands of people are waiting for these rooms but Chloe made sure Beca got one first. She knew that it was selfish but there is no way that Chloe could lose Beca. The brunette is her everything and Chloe was happy to break the rules for her.

"I hate it in here, Chlo..." Beca coughs as Chloe observes painfully from the other side of the glass.

"I know you do, Becs. I'm so sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" Beca's voice is hoarse and almost unrecognisable.

"Because I am... I hate seeing you this way."

"We haven't seen each other in years..."

"I know we haven't. I've missed you."

"I've missed you, too..." Beca coughs again, this time clutching at her stomach.

Chloe's heart cracks at the sight. Beca's skin is deathly pale, her eyes are bloodshot, and she is sweating profusely. She honestly looks like she could drop dead at any minute.

"I'm sorry that I lost contact with you," says Beca.

"You don't need to be sorry, Beca."

Even though Chloe was hurting, she didn't want Beca to feel guilty. Chloe had been in love with Beca ever since they met in college and it hurt like Hell to see her start a relationship with Jesse. It eventually ended but it took Beca a while to get over their breakup and when she did, Beca was signed by DJ Khaled where she began her new life as a famous and successful music producer. After that, Beca took off with her new life and hardly stayed in contact with the Bellas, which wasn't entirely her fault. Her life was busy as was everyone else's but Chloe was effected the most.

She hoped that being Beca's best friend that the brunette wouldn't have forgotten about her but she did. Chloe tried getting in contact with the woman but Beca hardly answered and forgot to call back and before you know it, it was just too hard so Chloe didn't bother anymore and neither did Beca. Chloe still thought about Beca though. She thought about her every day and often cried about losing the love of her life but she forced herself to move on. It didn't help that she saw how well Beca was doing and how popular she was. Chloe tried to avoid watching interviews Beca did or watch her music videos but the woman was everywhere to the point where avoiding her was inevitable.

Chloe often thought about what it would be like to be with Beca. The more time that passed, the less Chloe thought about it but from time to time she did. Now, Chloe can't STOP thinking about Beca. Her priority right now is getting Beca well again. Chloe can't let anything happen to her. She WON'T. No matter what happened between them, Chloe still loves her and will do anything for her.