Chapter LV - Bechloe: Beca's Glasses

Idea by user86973113

Here's the thing... Beca Mitchell wore glasses. She needed glasses to see pretty much anything but she refused to wear them since she thought they made her look like a nerd, which she was strongly opposed to. Beca was a total badass so wearing glasses wasn't apart of her appearance. They never were and she was determined to make sure they never would be. Beca kept her glasses a secret from everybody, even her girlfriend of three years. She knew that Chloe didn't have a mean bone in her body but Beca was fearful that someone would pick on her, especially the Bellas. Beca just couldn't risk it so she resorted to wearing contact lenses and even then she kept that a secret.

Beca's secret was kept well until one night, while the tiny brunette was reading a book like a total nerd on her bed, she was wearing her glasses. She needed to go out and get new contact lenses the following day. The Bellas were all in their own rooms or in the living room doing their homework. Exams were starting to creep closer and closer so they were all studying for them so Beca knew that she would be safe from anybody barging in and catching her wearing glasses. However, Beca was so engrossed in her study, which was a first, that she didn't even realise when Chloe walked into their bedroom after a study session with her Russian literature group. 

Chloe froze on the spot, completely stunned by her girlfriend wearing glasses. Chloe had never seen Beca in glasses. Wondering what Beca looked like in glasses crossed Chloe's mind multiple times but she never spoke to Beca about it. Beca kept on reading her book as Chloe stood in the doorway for a good minute, taking in just how cute and adorable Beca looked in glasses.

"Oh, shit!" Beca ripped off her glasses once she noticed that Chloe was standing in the doorway and watching her.

Chloe laughed at her girlfriend then shut the door behind her. Beca threw her glasses in the top drawer of her bedside table and looked directly at the wall as Chloe made her way over to the bed. Beca didn't move or look at her girlfriend, even when she sat next to Beca.

"When were you going to tell me that you wore glasses?" Chloe asked.

"I... I wasn't."

"Why not? You look so cute in them!"

Beca winced at the word. Beca Mitchell was NOT cute. She was badass and that's all there was to it.

"I hate wearing glasses," Beca mumbled.

"Why? They suit you."

"Because I'm not a nerd, Beale, you know this."

Chloe giggled then kissed Beca's cheek and pulled her in for a hug.

"You can still be a badass and wear glasses, babe. I promise."

"No, I can't."

Chloe just squeezed her girlfriend and kissed her head. "Well, I think you're super badass when you wear glasses."

Beca frowned then finally looked at the redhead with a pout that made Chloe giggle again.

"Super badass?"

"Yes," Chloe nodded. "Super badass."

Beca squinted at the woman and did so for a few moments while Chloe held her gaze.

"That's good to know," Beca looked away from Chloe and sighed.

"How long have you worn glasses for?"

"About five years but I wear contact lenses instead."

"Well, I think you should wear glasses more often. You look super badass and if I'm honest... it kinda turns me on a bit..."

Beca shot her head up to her girlfriend with widened eyes. "It... it does?"

"Ah huh," she nodded. "Very sexy and hot. Here," Chloe leaned over Beca, grabbed her glasses from the drawer, and slipped them on the brunette's face. "Oh, yeah, that's hot."

"Yeah?" Beca finally cracked a smile.

"Yeah."

"How's this?" Beca messed up her hair and flicked it over to one side.

Chloe bit her lip, feeling her core heat up. "Keep that up, Mitchell and your studying will be cut short."

"Oh, no! Not my studying! Oh, what ever will I do?"

"Shut up and come here," Chloe growled and pulled Beca in for a harsh kiss, which Beca gladly accepted.

Perhaps wearing glasses isn't so bad, Beca thought.

~

"Alright, Bellas! Are we ready for practice?" Chloe asked the Bellas who were all gathered in the auditorium. "I know we've had a rough few days with exams and trying to beat DSM but we need to put our all into our practice sessions."

"Question," Fat Amy spoke. "Where's Beca?"

"Oh, she's coming. She said that she would be running a little late. Study went longer than expected. So, while we're waiting for her, let's do some laps to get warmed up!"

The Bellas groaned. They thought that doing laps would be nonexistent when Aubrey left but they were wrong. Chloe believed that cardio was a very important asset to have so it wasn't something she was going to give up. Just as the Bellas were doing their stretches, Beca walked through the double doors of the auditorium in her gym gear with her hair up in a messy bun with her glasses on her face. Everyone froze when they saw their captain.

"Hey, guys. I'm sorry I'm late. I've got the mixes ready but they're a bit rough since I haven't had time to properly edit them yet but I think they'll make do for today." Beca put her things on top of the piano and noticed that everybody was staring at her. "What?"

"Umm... Since when do you wear glasses?" Stacie probed.

"Yeah, Shawshank, what gives?"

"Oh, yeah, I wear glasses. I usually wear contacts but I haven't had time to go out and get new ones so I have to wear my glasses."

"Oh... Well, they suit you."

"Yeah, not bad," Stacie nodded.

"Oh... Thanks, guys," Beca was surprised by their reactions.

The brunette was preparing to get teased but thankfully, that wasn't the case. The Bellas nodded at Beca with a smile as they appreciated just how good Beca looked in glasses before they got started on their laps.

"Five laps then we'll get started on our choreography!" Chloe announced then made her way over to her girlfriend who was setting up her laptop.

"Sorry I'm late, babe. There's always that one person in the study group who just keeps talking and talking..."

"Ah-huh..." Chloe stepped in next to Beca and smacked her ass.

"Hey!" Beca jumped. "What was that for?"

"You're wearing your glasses..."

"I am."

"You know what they do to me and you have the audacity to wear them during Bellas practice."

"I know but as I said, I haven't had the time to buy contacts."

"So you'll be wearing them throughout practice?"

"Well, when I'm working on the mixes, yeah. I'll take them off when I do physical stuff but I'll be wearing them for a bit."

Chloe bit down on her lip, dying to kiss Beca hard amongst other things. She was a sucker for Beca in glasses and she wasn't sure how she was going to get through practice while Beca was wearing them.

"Don't take too long on those mixes then," Chloe said then leaned into her ear. "Or else I won't be responsible for my actions." Chloe bit Beca's ear and squeezed her ass before strutting off.

Beca gulped as she tried to calm the electricity running through her body. Beca was a sucker for a hot and flirty Chloe Beale and she was so glad that she wore her glasses to practice today. Perhaps getting contact lenses weren't so much of a necessity anymore...