Chapter CXXVIII - Bechloe: Betrayal

Idea by yellowbagpackgirl

"I thought I could trust you!" Chloe cried out at Beca - the girl whom she had been dating for nearly four years.

"Babe, please!" Beca begged, trying to take the redhead into her arms but Chloe pushed her away.

"No! I can't believe you did that to me!"

"Chlo, please!"

"No! I knew this would happen! You always do this! Every time I tell you not to, you do it anyway!"

"Chloe!" Beca called out but Chloe stomped upstairs and into their shared bedroom, slamming the door behind her.

Beca sighed, rubbing her face. She didn't mean to upset Chloe but things happen. Beca hated it whenever Chloe got upset and more so when they fought. Beca knew this was on her so she had to make it right. Trudging upstairs, Beca knocked on the bedroom door but Chloe wasn't interested.

"Go away, Beca," she growled.

"Chlo, please. Let's just talk about this, okay?"

"No."

Beca sighed again and turned the handle to find that Chloe hadn't locked the door. Beca took that as a good sign since it meant that Chloe was willing to talk. If Chloe really didn't want to talk, the door would have been locked and Beca would have known that she was in BIG trouble. Thankfully, that wasn't the case so Beca let herself in.

Chloe was sitting on the bed with her knees curled up to her chest, looking despondent.

"Talk to me, babe," Beca pleaded, sitting next to her girlfriend.

"I just want you to fight for me... that's all I want."

"I did, Chlo. I did my best."

"No, you didn't. You do it on purpose."

"I don't! I promise I don't! Baby," Beca took Chloe's hands and kissed them tenderly. "I'm sorry for upsetting you but I didn't mean it. I get caught up in the moment and I just do my own thing."

"How do you expect me to keep trusting you when you do this? You want me to play along but..."

"But what?"

"It just hurts a lot..."

Beca hooded her eyes and she knew she took it too far. What seemed to be harmless to Beca, wasn't for Chloe and it was time for Beca to put her childish ways aside for the sake of her girlfriend.

"I'm sorry, baby... I promise that I'll try not to do it again. I hate seeing you this way. I love you."

Beca knew saying those three words was a cheap move but she meant them every time. Chloe was a sucker for Beca saying that and it more often than not did the trick pulling her out of whatever state she was in.

"I broke my own heart loving you, you know?" Chloe looked up at Beca.

"But you do still love me... Right?" Beca gently nudged Chloe's shoulder, causing Chloe to huff a laugh.

"Yes, I can never stop loving you, Mitchell. No matter how stubborn, selfish, and moody you are."

"I honestly don't know why you wanted to start dating me and why you're STILL dating me."

"Because, no matter how difficult you are, you still make me happy."

A small smile tugged on Beca's lips as she eyed her girlfriend.

"You still make me happy, too, Beale. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"I don't know either."

Beca laughed as did Chloe, which Beca took as her cue to kiss the redhead lovingly and as soon as that happened, all was forgiven.

"Now, can we go back downstairs and finish the last round?"

"Alright."

"Yes!" Beca took Chloe's hand and walked her downstairs, taking their seats back on the couch and in front of the TV. "Alright, chose your loadout."

"I'm getting the good set this time."

"Alright. Good set it is."

Chloe picked up her controller and picked what weapon loadout she wanted followed by her armor kit and skill set. Once that was done, Beca picked hers and the round began.

"I swear to God, Mitchell, if you betray my trust one more time, I'm never playing this with you again," Chloe warned.

"Baby, it wasn't a betrayal. I had to get to the other side of the map and they were chasing us."

"What happened to "never leave a woman behind"? What happened to that?"

"Natural selection, babe, but because I love you, I'll let you take the win for us this time. Promise."

"Thank you. That's all I ask."

Beca giggled at her girlfriend because Chloe was the absolute cutest when it came to playing games on the console. Not that she ever admitted it but the redhead did have a habit of being competitive and making sure it was a fair game. Beca was in it to win it and didn't care about anyone else, which obviously, caused to two women to butt heads a lot and they often ended up in situations that they fixed just then - Chloe getting upset whenever Beca left her behind for zombies to feed on while Beca ran away to take the victory.

"Love you," said Beca as she leaned over to peck Chloe's cheek.

"Love you, too. Now, let's get these rotting bastards."

"Fuck, I love it when you talk like that."

"My gamer turning you on?"

"You have no idea..."

"We can sort it out after. Let's do this."

"You're on, Beale."