Chapter XXXII - Bechloe: V Is For Vanity (Part 2)

"I'm pregnant..." Chloe's words leave her mouth and Beca has no idea what to think or say.

"Ah... Okay... Congrats...? Why are you telling me?"

"Because it's yours."

"What?" Beca frowns.

"It's yours."

"That's impossible."

"It's not! I took a pregnancy test AND a blood test. The doctor said that I'm eight weeks pregnant and we have been having sex for about two months and we have never used protection."

"Look, it's not mine, okay? I don't know why you say it is. If this is your way of trying to get a rise out of me or something it's not working. If you're pregnant, then it's somebody else's."

"It's not somebody else's! Why do you keep saying that it's not yours?"

"Because I'm infertile! I got a test done when I was younger and I was told that I was shooting blanks!"

"Well, you didn't this time."

"Chloe, it's NOT mine. It's impossible."

"Beca, you've been fucking me for two months and you didn't wear a condom the first time and you still don't."

"Well, if you were so concerned then why didn't you just go in the pill?"

"I did! After we first had sex I went on the pill. I was feeling fine until the last few days."

"How do you know it's not somebody else's?"

"Because I haven't had sex with anybody else in years. You're the only person I've slept with. There IS nobody else. It's YOURS."

"No," Beca shakes her head. "I don't believe you."

"How do you not believe me?" Chloe asks in the form of a shout.

The redhead is getting beyond annoyed. She knows that Beca is stubborn but she thought that Beca would at least have a bit of maturity to her when it comes to this stuff. She knows now that she's wrong.

"Because I don't!" Beca snaps. "I'm infertile so you being pregnant with my baby is impossible!"

"It's not! You need to go to the doctor and get yourself checked to see if you ARE fertile. I did my part so you need to do yours. This is a big thing Beca."

"And if it's not mine?"

"Beca, it's yours. I haven't slept with anybody else let alone a man. I'm a lesbian so there's no way I'd ever sleep with a man."

"But you slept with me."

"Beca, despite your appendage, you're still a female and I'm attracted to females. I've told you why I'm attracted to you so let's not go there again when we're facing pregnancy."

Beca rakes a hand through her hair and sighs.

"Fine, I'll get tested."

"Thank you. Make an appointment first thing in the morning."

"I will. I'll ah... I'll see you later, I guess."

"Yes, you will. Bye, Beca."

"Bye." Beca hangs up and takes several moments to process what just happened. "There's no way she could be pregnant... there's just no way..."

~

Beca was able to get a doctor's appointment on Friday afternoon so she had to leave school early to go to it and thankfully, the last lesson Beca had was English so she was able to tell her teacher that she had a doctor's appointment and leave without a hassle. So, Beca gathers her things and leaves school to go to the doctor's office. Beca still doesn't see the point in going. She knows she's infertile, she just knows it in her gut. She doesn't know if Chloe has slept with anybody else. If Beca turns out to be infertile, then she will know that Chloe has lied to her but if she is fertile... then that changes everything. Beca chooses not to think about that though. She knows she's infertile so she just wants the doctor to tell her what she already knows so she can go about her business.