Chapter LXIX - Bechloe: Baby Mama

Idea by CBClay

Chloe Beale was many things but she wasn't a quitter. The woman was determined to finish everything that she started no matter what. She was always the top of her class and always the one to arrive at work on time and give everything her all. She wasn't the best vet in New York for slacking off and quitting when times got tough. No, Chloe pursued her dreams but unfortunately, Chloe's dreams of finding the right person were getting further and further away from her. All the redhead wanted was for someone to look after her, love her for all of her faults, and be there for her no matter what. That wasn't too much to ask, right? Well, apparently it was. Chloe came home one night from another failed blind date and this time, it had been one too many since Chloe ended up throwing herself onto her bed and weeping like a Disney princess. The woman wanted to find the one person to spend the rest of her life with and have a baby before she got too much older.

Chloe was in her thirties and she wanted a child badly. She wanted one when she was in her late-twenties and she spent years trying to find the right person to raise her child with her but she had no luck. To make things worse, Chloe had a very short supply of eggs so Chloe decided to have her final egg frozen to keep it safe. It was an expensive process but it wasn't like Chloe was short of money. Being one of New York's best vets if not THE best vet had its advantages. However, no amount of money made Chloe happy. Sure, she had a nice house and a cozy lifestyle but she didn't have anyone to share it with and that's what hit home for the redhead.

The following day after her failed date, Chloe decided to go down to the clinic where her egg was being kept. The woman had thought long and hard about it and she decided that she was going to have a baby by herself. She knew it was going to be tough but she had a very good relationship with her parents and her friends so she knew she wasn't going to be alone. She had the money to raise a child and she was prepared for all of the challenges that would come her way. However, what Chloe didn't expect was the news that her egg had been used three years ago. Unbeknown to Chloe, she had accidentally filled out the form incorrectly when she had her egg frozen. She agreed to let her egg be used by someone else - a donation.

"I want to meet her," Chloe demanded to Aubrey who happened to be Chloe's best friend who was the CEO of one of the biggest fertility clinics in New York.

"Chloe, I can't do that," Aubrey told her.

Chloe had marched herself into Aubrey's office, furious about the news of her egg being used.

"Yes, you can, Aubrey. I want to meet the woman who has my egg who is now a child!" Chloe wasn't happy and for the first time, Aubrey was a little frightened by her best friend.

"Aubrey, maybe we should just give the woman a call and ask..." Stacie suggested.

Stacie was the general manager of the clinic, helping run the business with Aubrey.

"I can't believe this has happened!" Chloe snapped. "That was my last egg and now it's gone! How am I supposed to have a baby now?"

"Chloe, relax, okay? We'll track down the woman who used your egg and see if she's willing to meet with you," Stacie told her.

"How can I relax, Stacie? How can I possibly relax when I have no eggs left in my system?"

"I'm sorry, Chloe, I really am but that doesn't mean that you can't still have a child. You can always adopt."

"That's not the same and you know it!"

"Chloe, she's just trying to help," Aubrey interjected.

"I know, Aubrey, but I'm allowed to be pissed off, angry, upset, and... argh!" Chloe raked her hands through her hair.