Chapter XLVIII - Bechloe: Friends With Benefits

Chloe's POV

Beca Mitchell is the woman of your dreams. You love her. People would think that you're crazy to love someone like Beca but you do. She's your world and you absolutely adore her. You met her three years ago at the activities fair and it was love at first sight. Beca ticked all of your boxes and still does. She's an amazing woman despite her brash personality and standoffish attitude. You think the world of her and you know her better than anybody. Sure, Beca has a hard time opening up to you but she gets there eventually and that's what you focus on as well as the fact that Beca doesn't open up to anybody else - just you. You wonder why but you don't dwell on it too much. You like to think that she trusts you and isn't a result of you and her having a 'friends with benefits' relationship.

You and Beca began having that kind of relationship about a year ago. You watched painfully as the woman of your dreams entered into a relationship with Jesse after you won the ICCA Finals of 2012. It broke your heart and you thought that Beca was never going to be yours but something happened between Beca and Jesse that caused them to break up. You were never told why since Beca doesn't divulge her personal life but you've never questioned her. You offered to talk about it with Beca once it happened but she simply said that things "didn't work out" between the two of them and left it at that. It hurt seeing Beca upset so you and the Bellas decided to get drunk and have a fun night together, which resulted in you and Beca making out and going to bed.

Even though you were drunk, you still remember that important part of the night. You and Beca constantly stole glances at each other and the tension between the two of you rose. You were positive it was because of the amazing chemistry you and Beca had. Even the Bellas dubbed you and Beca as "aca-wives", which you both thought was funny but also true. You did act a lot like a married couple. You shared clothes, food, and other things, you spent more time with each other than anybody else, you spoke with looks without using actual words, you know that Beca likes a black coffee and a packet of chips when she gets home after her internship, and she knows that you like a fruit salad and herbal tea when you get home from your classes - you just knew each other. It was as if you knew each other all your lives and it's still that way now. You know Beca so well and she knows you so well. You never thought that sleeping together casually would bring you two so close but it has.

After hours of building tension, you caught Beca just as you were coming out of the bathroom. You thought she was going to use it after you but the fire in her eyes suggested something different. Beca wasn't completely drunk, just tipsy. She was still able to perform and speak rather well. She was more confident with alcohol in her system as is everyone. You asked her what she was doing when she just looked at you and she simply replied with, "this" before lunging at you, grabbing the back of your neck, and pulling you in for a rough kiss that you melted into. You got lost in the kiss until your conscious surfaced and you made sure that kissing you is what she wanted after her recent break-up. She said yes and she said that she had always found you attractive. That was all you needed to hear and the next thing you knew was taking her to bed and her falling asleep on top of you when you were done.

You woke up the next morning with Beca spooning you. You saw yourself with Beca like that in the future. You could get used to waking up with her arms around you and yours around hers. You have slept in the same bed with Beca before but nothing like that night. You never wanted the moment to end but it did when Beca woke ten minutes later. You began to panic. You prepared yourself for Beca to wake up and scream and ask you why she's naked in your bed and why you're naked, too. But thankfully, she didn't. She smiled at you and greeted you warmly. You reciprocated and began talking and you two eventually decided to be friends with benefits.

It wasn't exactly what you had in mind but you were going to be able to sleep with Beca whenever you wanted and vice versa. You always wanted to be close to Beca and this was as close as you were going to get and it was better than nothing. You desperately wanted to be in a relationship with her but it was clear that she wasn't ready to be in another one. Part of you understood but part of you didn't since she was the one who suggested being friends with benefits. But that was a while ago now and you and Beca are still casually sleeping together.