Chapter CXLVIII - Bechloe: Codeine Confessions

Idea by user86973113

Chloe hadn't been so worried in her entire life. Beca - the love of her life - had been in a crucial accident at Aubrey's camp. Chloe wished that she hadn't been so selfish, hadn't been so determined to prove her point - a point she believed was salient but nothing was more salient than Beca. The brunette had been swooped up in a bear trap that was unstable and ended up snapping off the tree and upon impact, Beca had impaled her foot on the fragmented branch and fractured her hand. The first course of action was to go to the hospital but Beca stated she was fine despite being in tremendous pain. "I'll walk it off", she said and if she wasn't injured, Aubrey would have slapped her.

Now, Chloe and the Bellas were sitting in the waiting room whilst Beca was being treated. Chloe demanded that she accompany her girlfriend but the doctors and nurses insisted she stay behind since they needed the room and Chloe grudgingly agreed.

"Miss Beale?" The doctor voiced and Chloe sprang to her feet as did the Bellas.

"Yes?"

"Miss Mitchell is stable now. Her hand is in a cast and her foot is bound. It'll take several weeks for her hand to heal as well as her foot. Thankfully, the injuries weren't too severe so we didn't have to operate on her."

"Thank God," sighed the redhead. "Can I see her?"

"Yes, you can. I suggest you see her alone since she's been given painkillers and is a little distorted. I wouldn't overwhelm her with all of you at once."

Chloe nodded. "Okay, thank you, doctor."

"You're welcome."

The doctor left and Chloe didn't wait a moment longer to walk into her girlfriend's room where she had her eyes partially closed with her plastered hand resting on her stomach.

"Hey, baby..." Chloe approached the brunette.

"Oh, hey, Chlo!" Beca sported a groggy smile.

"How are you feeling?" Chloe brushed Beca's hair back.

"M'kay... I can't feel my hand or foot very well..."

"That's good. You don't want to feel anything right now, sweetie," Chloe pressed a kiss on Beca's forehead. "I'm so glad you're okay, Becs. You scared me half to death."

"Oh... M'sorry, Chlo... I didn't mean to."

"I know you didn't, baby. It's okay." Chloe kissed her again and Beca hummed warmly.

"Mm... I like your kisses..."

"Do you?"

"Mm-hm..."

"Would you like another one?"

"Yes, please."

Smiling, Chloe placed a tender kiss on Beca's forehead before dropping down onto her lips and pecking them however, Chloe broke away when Beca began to sob.

"Becs?" She frowned, concerned. "Becs, what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry, Chlo..."

"Sorry? What for?"

"For not telling you about my internship... I... I should have told you but I didn't and I got hurt because I didn't..."

"Oh, Becs!" Chloe huffed a laugh. "That's not why you got hurt at all! Oh, baby, it's okay." Chloe nudged Beca so she could join her on the bed and cradle her.

"I love you so much, Chlo..." She sniffed into her chest.

"I love you, too, Becs."

"No... I... I REALLY love you... You mean the world to me and I don't know what I'd do without you..." Beca began trailing kisses along Chloe's neck and used her good hand to slide underneath the older woman's gym shirt and caress her stomach.