Chapter XLIX - Bechloe: Friends With Benefits (Part 2)

The following day, you put Aubrey's words into action as you focus on the Bellas instead of Beca. It's a little difficult since Beca looks extremely hot in her sports shorts with sweat glistening her body but every now and then Aubrey gives you a look or a nudge when she catches you staring at Beca. You quickly pull yourself together and focus on the task at hand. Aubrey pushes you and the Bellas hard and you can see that Beca is getting annoyed. You would usually soothe her in stressful situations but not this time. By the end of it, you and the Bellas are exhausted and that's when Beca starts questioning Aubrey. Thankfully, Aubrey is civil and calm towards Beca until Beca snaps.

"I've got better things to do!"

"Oh, really? Like what?" Aubrey probes.

"Nothing. Forget I said anything."

"Don't give me that shit, Beca! Who the Hell do you think you are walking into MY retreat and questioning MY methods that have been PROVEN to work?"

"This may be your retreat, Aubrey, but you're not the boss of us anymore!"

"Oh, and you are? You like to be in control and boss these girls around? You like to have the say and get them to do whatever you want?"

"It's not like that at all!"

"Oh, really?" She chuckles.

"Really! And I don't have to stay here and listen to your shit anymore! Come on, Chlo," Beca goes to take your hand but you pull away.

"No, I'm... I'm gonna stay..." You utter.

"What?" Beca frowns slightly.

"She said that she's going to stay," Aubrey tells her. "Do you still have water in your ears?"

"This doesn't concern you, Posen," Beca snaps.

"Yes, it does, Mitchell. Chloe is doing what you want anymore. She's not going to be your fuck buddy anymore either."

Your eyes widen and you gasp as Beca's face falls. The Bellas look just as shocked as well.

"What?" Beca mumbles.

"Don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about. Chloe isn't going to put up with your shit anymore. You've hurt her enough as it is."

"Hurt?" Beca frowns.

"Aubrey," you say but she doesn't stop.

"Yes, HURT. You've hurt Chloe enough and she's putting a stop to it. You've broken her heart."

You close your eyes in embarrassment and when you open them, you see Beca looking at you and you then notice that's when the Bellas have retreated to a nearby table to rest.

"Chloe... do... do you have... feelings for me?" Beca asks and you feel your blood turn cold.

This is NOT the way you want Beca to find out your true feelings for her.

"Yes, she does!" Aubrey snaps. "She's crazy about you and the only reason she agreed to be in a 'friends with benefits' relationship with you was to be close to you!"

You want Aubrey to shut up but you know that you never would have had the courage to say any of this to Beca, especially not as aggressively.

"Are... are you serious?" Beca turns to Aubrey.

"No, I'm pulling your chain. Of COURSE, I'm serious! Come on, Beca, pull your head out of your ass - it's not a hat!"

Beca purses her lips at Aubrey then turns back to you.

"Chloe... Why didn't you tell me?"

You go to answer her but you can't seem to speak. Something is caught in your throat and you feel your cheeks heat up and you know it's not because of the activities you've just partaken in. No, you're scared. You look at Beca who is waiting for an answer, then you look at Aubrey and the Bellas who are also waiting. You don't know what comes over you but you turn around and run away in tears.