Chapter CXIV - Bechloe: Amnesia (Part 2)

Beca's POV

"Oh my God! I did NOT do that!" Chloe giggles, covering her mouth.

"You did! You sure did!" I laugh.

I've just told her about the time she invaded my shower at Barden and she is in complete disbelief.

"No! Who does that?"

"You, apparently,"

"No way..." Chloe giggles again. "I'm so sorry."

"No, don't be. If you didn't do that, I wouldn't have joined the Bellas, I wouldn't have met you, I wouldn't have gone on to be a famous music producer, and most importantly, I wouldn't be sitting here right now as your wife."

I hate getting sentimental but Chloe needs it right now. Chloe always needed it but now she needs it more than ever. We've just had dinner comprising of pizza and garlic bread and we finished it off with Chloe's favourite ice cream - cookies and cream. Now, we're talking about the past. Well, I'm doing most of the talking. I'm trying not to leave out any details because I want Chloe to remember. I go extremely deep into detail such as describing what she was wearing. I'm trying my best to get Chloe to remember. It's hard and exhausting but I'd do anything for her.

"You're really sweet," she says, reaching out and toying with my hand.

"I've got you to thank for that. You've changed me so much over the years, Chlo, you have no idea."

"No, I don't," she chuckles.

"I don't mean it like that," I laugh awkwardly.

"I know."

I watch her play with my fingers then she moves onto my platinum wedding band, which is identical to hers.

"Did we ever fight much?" She asks.

"We had our fights, for sure but we didn't fight every day. We have a good marriage. No matter what life throws at us, we'll be okay and we've always been okay. You taught me how to communicate and express myself, which was really hard for me to do but I got there eventually."

"You don't like expressing yourself?"

"No," I laugh with a head shake. "No, I do not."

"Why?"

"Because I've always tried to protect myself. Before you came along, I was closed off to the world. I used to shut people out because it was easier than opening up and risk getting hurt. My parents divorced when I was nine and I never healed from that until I met you. You came along and you changed my world for the better. I still don't know how you were so patient with me. I was a lot of hard work but you stuck by me and we're still together."

"I... I must love you a lot then." 

"I sure hope so."

"Do... do you love me a lot?"

I can hear the faint wobble in her voice but it's there. She looks vulnerable and it's so cute.

"Yes, baby..." I fold our hands together. "I love you with all of my heart. I always have and I always will."

"But... I'm not the same. I can't remember anything about my past. How can you love me when I'm like this?"

"Because that's what marriage is, babe. I promised to take care of you in sickness and in health and even though you're not "sick" in the stereotypical sense, you still need me and I'm going to be here for you no matter what. You're my wife and I'm not going to leave you."

"But what if I never get my memory back?"

"Then you don't," I shrug.

"But don't you want the old me back?"