Chapter CLXX - Bechloe: What Are The Odds? (Part 2)

Beca was both nervous and excited. She was either going to be a mama or not. She desperately wanted to be. She was sure she was in love with Chloe and she couldn't wait to meet Emily - her potential daughter. Just thinking about it made her all kinds of giddy. Emily looked a lot like Beca. Chloe was impregnated around the time Beca donated her sperm. Emily could have very well been Beca's daughter. The waiting game was horrid. It had been just over a week since Beca took the DNA test and every day she got her mail, she raced through it to find the letter and every time it wasn't there, the brunette found herself getting angry and frustrated. If Emily was her daughter, it would have changed Beca's world forever. Meeting Chloe had already done that but this would seal Beca's fate forever.

Then, eventually, that day came - the letter. Beca felt her heart stop when she saw it. She ended up staring at it for about ten minutes, just staring. It was odd but she gathered the strength to pick it up and it felt as if it was made of iron. Beca was shaking like a leaf and she felt as if her body was going to combust but she pressed on and read the results.

POSITIVE

Just like that, Beca stopped breathing. She felt the whole world halt and fall of its axis. With one word, Beca's life changed. Before she had time to process everything, the brunette was already calling Chloe.

"Hello? Beca? Beca? Are you there?"

"C, Chlo... Chloe... I, I, I, I, I got the results back and I'm... I'm... I'm Emily's mama... It's positive."

There was a silence and Beca was fearful but then came a sigh and it was of relief.

"You know, Em has always wanted a family."

"R, really?"

"Yeah, once you told me that you might be her mother, I asked her if she wanted a family and she said that she wanted it more than anything. When she plays with her toys, she has her, me, and another parent. It was bittersweet but now, it can become her reality."

"I can't wait to meet her, Chloe. I really can't. I want to be a family just as much if not more."

"But, Becs..."

"What?"

Chloe sighed and it worried Beca.

"We haven't been dating long. This is the infatuation stage - you know that. What if we become this family and after a month or so, you decide you don't want this anymore?"

"Chlo, when you told me you had a kid, I didn't freak out or back off. I knew what I was getting into when I was dating you but now that I know that I AM Emily's mom, I want to be with you more. I never thought that I'd have my own family but now I do and it's really exciting. Please, Chlo, give me a chance."

Chloe felt as if her heart was melting. Beca was always so sweet but this was the cherry on top. She wanted to be a family and Chloe hoped that Beca persisted.

"I will, Becs," she responded.

"Thank you. Now, when can I meet my daughter?"

Chloe's heart swelled and she responded, "immediately."

~

"Mama, will I be as tall as you or mommy?" Emily asked as she walked hand-in-hand with Beca who carried her schoolbag over her shoulder.

"Well, I hope for your sake that you will be as tall as mommy but there's nothing wrong with being short either. Mommy thinks it's cute."

"Mommy loves you a lot."

"Mommy loves you a lot, too."

"I love mommy a lot, too!" She gleamed.

Beca chuckled. "Me, too, chicken."