Chapter CXXXI - Staubrey: Cookies

Idea by ilovetoread2019

"Don't you dare eat THAT, or else!" Aubrey shouted as she saw Stacie grab the last cookie out of the jar.

"Bree, come on!" Stacie whined. "You know cookies are my favourite! I love you but I love cookies more," she teased. "Actually, I love chocolate, too. Come to think of it, chocolates are my favourite..."

Aubrey crossed her arms, unimpressed.

"After you, of course."

"That's the last cookie, Conrad. So don't even try it."

"Sorry, Bree," Stacie shrugged and proceeded to eat the last cookie.

"Of course you would choose THAT over ME."

"What?" Stacie mumbled, her mouth full of cookie.

"No sex for you, Conrad. Not for a good two weeks."

"Wha...? Hey!" Stacie put down the jar and raced after Aubrey. "Babe, that's not fair!"

"You ate the last cookie, which hasn't been the first time. You're lucky I haven't broken up with your ass." Aubrey sat on the couch in their apartment, putting her laptop on her lap and replying to emails.

"You would never do that - you love me!"

Aubrey gave Stacie a "do you want to test me?" look, which made Stacie worry a little.

"Please, don't break up with me. Please? I'm so sorry, please! I won't eat your cookies again." Stacie sat next to the blonde, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"You're walking the line, Conrad. You honestly can't help yourself when it comes to cookies."

"Yes, but I still love you... Let me make it up to you."

"How?"

"Well, firstly, I'll buy you some more cookies. Secondly, I'll make you a nice dinner and we can have a romantic date."

Aubrey turned to the brunette who was cutely pouting at her. No matter how stringent and tough Aubrey was, she was always a cave for Stacie and had the utmost trouble resisting her and staying mad at her. There was something about the leggy brunette that drove Aubrey crazy. She had no idea what it was but all she knew was that she loved the girl and couldn't live without her.

"Fine," Aubrey huffed, making Stacie beam at her and peck her lips.

"You won't regret it, Bree."

"I hope not."

Stacie kissed her again then hopped off the couch. Aubrey rolled her eyes, having no idea what she was going to do with her girlfriend who she loved beyond words but still drove her insane.

~

Another day concluded and Aubrey walked into her apartment building, happy that she had survived another week at work. Aubrey loved her job as a doula but it was hard work. No matter how hard of a day she had, she was grateful that she got to come home to a beautiful woman who looked after her and took all of her troubles away.

Aubrey walked into her apartment and the first thing she noticed was the smell. It smelt of fresh food and scented candles. The lights were dimmed, all except for the ones in the kitchen where the table was romantically set for two.

"Stacie?" Aubrey called out and the brunette poked her head out of the kitchen.

"Hey, babe! Just give me a minute - I'm almost done! Sit down. Dinner will be ready soon."

Aubrey put her bag on the couch and made her way into the kitchen, amazed by the candles, the music, and the dinner, which looked like it belonged in a five-star restaurant. Stacie was always a good chef and Aubrey tried to convince the woman to become one but Stacie was happy being a personal trainer. Less stress, in Stacie's opinion.

"Stacie, this is amazing," said Aubrey, sitting at the kitchen table.

"I told you I was going to make it up to you."

"Yes, but I never thought you'd go to these lengths to make it up to me."

"Anything for my special lady." Stacie leaned down and kissed Aubrey's lips, filling her glass with wine and sitting across from her. "How was work?"

"Work is work," she shrugged, digging into her repast.

"Are you not enjoying it anymore?"

"I am. It can just get a bit tiring sometimes that's all."

"How's your dickhead of a boss?"

"Frank? Yeah, he's good."

"Hit on you again?"

"He doesn't hit on me, babe."

"Bree, I love you but he hits on you. I've seen it."

"He doesn't. He knows I'm with you."

"That doesn't stop people, you know? Some people see that as a challenge."

"Well, it's a challenge he's not going to achieve."

"Good. You're mine. No refunds."

Aubrey giggled at her girlfriend, loving how protective the brunette got at times. The two women talked about their day and Aubrey trailed off on her own tangent until she got distracted by the items sitting on the kitchen bench. "Is that wine and cupcakes?"

Stacie turned around briefly, looking at what Aubrey was. "Yes, for after."

"Wine and cupcakes? Wow, Stace... You're so good to me."

"Anything for my girl."

Aubrey blushed, which made Stacie smile. "I still have no idea why you're dating me."

"Why?" Stacie frowned.

"Because we're total opposites of each other."

"So are Beca and Chloe."

"True but it still amazes me."

"I think you're perfect, Bree. I think your the most amazing woman I've ever met and even though we have our fights, I still love you and I wouldn't be without you. It's as simple as that."

Aubrey blushed even harder. Stacie was so gifted when it came to delivering compliments but Aubrey knew Stacie meant every word; she didn't just say them for the sake of it or to score points. Stacie was always genuine.

"Seriously, what did you eat to make you so hungry for someone like me?" Aubrey probed.

"It's not what I ate, Bree, it's WHO I ate and who I hope to eat later this evening..."

"Oh my God," she laughed.

"I'm just stating the facts, babe and besides, it's part of the making up process after I ate the last cookie."

"God, I love you."

"I love you, too, baby."

Stacie shot her girlfriend a wink, causing Aubrey to get chills down her spine and she couldn't wait to finish dinner and perhaps skip the cupcakes and wine and save them for after...