Chapter LIII - Bechloe: Bound To You

Beca's POV

How was I to know that she was unwell? I had no idea! I met a girl, I liked her, I took her to bed - I didn't think anything of it. Who would think anything of it? Who would ask a girl if there's anything they should know about before they rock her world? You don't think of that when you've had a few drinks and you've got a tongue down your throat when you're undressing one another. Any logical thoughts are thrown out of the window! Where do I begin... Okay, let's start at the beginning really quickly. I'm nineteen and I've just started out at college - Barden University. It's a nice enough place but I didn't want to go but my dad insisted that I get a college degree behind me first before I go out into the real world. He said if I do one year of college and I still don't like it, then he'll pay for me to go over to Los Angeles and pursue my music career as a music producer. It's always been my dream to produce music and have the world love it but I fear that I might not be able to get there as soon as I'd like.

Anyway, I was walking around the activities fair when I stumbled across a stall with two girls standing at it - one blonde and one redhead. They called themselves the Barden Bellas and were an a capella group. I thought it was pretty lame and I offended both of them. I kinda felt bad for insulting the hot redhead but not so bad about insulting the blonde who was quick to fire back at me by calling me a bitch. She was feisty and I wasn't expecting it. Later that day when I was taking a shower in the community showers, the redhead barged into my stall when I was singing. We were both stark naked and I swore I was about to pass out from embarrassment, especially when she ordered me to sing for her but when I did, I got lost in her eyes and her voice when she sang with me. I'm not quite sure what happened at that moment but it was definitely something.

For the rest of the night, I couldn't stop thinking about the redhead, who I found out had a name - Chloe Beale. I couldn't stop thinking about our time in the shower and how she kept telling me to audition for the Bellas and before I knew it, I showed up at the auditions and performed a song of my choice with Chloe's blessing but I could tell that the blonde, Aubrey Posen who happened to be Chloe's best friend, wasn't too impressed but Chloe didn't seem to care. I grabbed a yellow cup from the table they sat at and began singing and using the cup as a beat. I sang the song as best as I could and when I finished, I looked up at Chloe who was beaming at me from ear to ear. I had never seen someone smile so much. I smiled back at her then looked at Aubrey when Chloe did and I could tell she was hesitant but thankfully, I was accepted into the Bellas. We all had to take a ridiculous oath but it was the only way we could be in the group.

Later that night, we all attended the aca-initiation party. I had a few drinks and got hit on a few times by a new Treblemaker, Jesse, but I wasn't interested. I kept my eyes on Chloe and she kept her eyes on me. We eyed each other off for hours until Chloe came up to me and kissed me and I kissed her back. We made out for ages before I decided to take Chloe back to her dorm and thankfully, Aubrey who's also Chloe's roommate, was busy making out with Stacie, a new Bella. We went back to Chloe's room and we slept together. It was amazing and it was nothing I had ever experienced in my life. By the time we finished having sex, it was late and we were both exhausted so we fell asleep. I woke up the following morning with a bit of a hangover but not too much since I didn't drink a lot the night before. However, I looked at the time and I was running late for one of my classes and unfortunately, it was the class where I had a really strict teacher that I'm confident that everybody hates.

So, I grabbed my clothes and high-tailed it out of there and thankfully, I got there on time but only just. One minute later and I was for sure going to get yelled at. Again. However, what came after my class surprised me more than anything. I got a phone call from Aubrey who was yelling at me down the line. I had no idea what she was going on about at first but then she finally told me that Chloe had been in her room all morning and had been crying. She refused to get out of bed and attend her classes. Aubrey said that it was my fault, which I thought was ridiculous. I'm not responsible for anyone's behaviour! That was until Aubrey told me what was wrong with Chloe. The woman has severe anxiety and depression. The news hit me hard and it's still hitting me hard now. Aubrey was too angry to explain everything to me so that's why I'm on my way to see Chloe now. The woman won't even eat let alone do anything else. I have to see her. I've never been in this situation before but there's a first time for everything.