Chapter XXI - Bechloe: Lost & Found

Idea by CBClay

Beca was panicking. She was panicking beyond words. This was possibly the worst day of her life. Beca and Chloe were out in the mall with their five-year-old daughter, Hayley. Chloe was currently getting her hair cut while Beca was out with Hayley. However, things weren't going exactly to plan. Beca had pulled her daughter into a music store to look over some equipment. Hayley was into music just like her mama and she wanted to learn how to play an instrument. Beca decided to get Hayley started on the piano since it was the best instrument to learn to play on, plus, is was Beca and Chloe's favourite. So, Beca took Hayley into the music store to look at little keyboards for the girl. Beca got very excited whenever Hayley took an interest in music. Beca was in her element and Chloe loved watching the two of them interact when it came to music.

Despite going into the store for Hayley, Beca got distracted by other things she thought of getting for her home studio. Beca had heaps of things in her home studio but companies kept bringing out new equipment and since Beca was a famous music producer, the artist needed the top of the range technology to keep up with everybody. It didn't take much for Beca to become distracted by music equipment. Chloe more often than not had to drag the brunette out of music stores since they could literally be in there for hours. But Chloe loved her wife nonetheless. However, it wasn't a very good idea for Beca to go into a music store with her daughter because she did get distracted and couldn't focus on anything else and didn't take note of anything else... not even her daughter going missing.

When Beca realised that Hayley was no longer by her side and furthermore, no longer in the store, Beca began to panic.

"Hayley? Hayley? Hayley!" Beca called out but the little girl didn't answer. "Shit! Oh, fuck, fuck, fuck!" Beca raced out of the store and into the middle of the mall.

Her little girl could have been anywhere and the mall was the biggest mall in Los Angeles. Beca was truly shitting herself at that moment. Beca knew she wasn't the most responsible parent but she didn't think she was THIS bad! She had lost her daughter in the mall. Her own flesh and blood daughter. Her little superstar. Her world. The apple of her eye. Her everything. Beca was cursing at herself for losing her daughter but she was also cursing for Hayley to have Chloe's curiousness. The redhead loved to explore and do spontaneous things, regardless if it got her into trouble and that was something Hayley got from her mommy.

Beca began racing around the mall in pursuit for her daughter. First, she stopped at every toy store and failed to find the little brown-haired, blue-eyed girl. She then ventured into kids clothing stores, since the little girl loved clothes, which was another thing she got from her mommy. Unfortunately, Hayley was nowhere to be found and Beca was really panicking now. She didn't want to call her daughter over the mall speaker because Beca would just be asking for a death sentence that way. The media would be all over it and Chloe would have her head on a silver platter. She wasn't sure which one would be worse.

Beca was about half-way searching through the mall when her wife rang.

"Shit!" Beca hissed then calmly answered the phone. "Hey, baby!"

"Hey! I finished my hair cut. Where are you?"

"Where am I? I'm just, ah, out the front of a sports store."

"A sports store?"

"Yeah, I was thinking about doing some boxing or something..."

"Oh, okay. Well, it's lunchtime and I have no doubt that Hayley has pestered you about getting something to eat."

"Oh... Oh, yeah! Yeah, she's starving."

"Just like her mama..."

Yes, Hayley's love for food was definitely something she got from her mama who needed to eat every thirty minutes or else she'd claim that she would be starving to death.