Chapter CLII - Bechloe: I Promise

Idea by justnobody31

"Bec!" Five-year-old Chloe runs over to her best friend who is playing in the sandpit.

"Yeah?"

"I've got our rings!"

"Cool!" Beca smiles, standing up to meet the redhead, brushing her sand-covered hands on her pants.

Chloe hands Beca a Cheerio. "This is my ring. You put it on my finger. This one," Chloe points.

"Okay."

"And I put this one on your finger."

"Okay."

Chloe grabs Beca's hands and pulls her forward. "Beca Mitchell, do you want to marry me?"

Beca nods happily. "Yes."

"You ask me now."

"Chloe Beale, do you want to marry me?"

"Yes!"

"Okay... What now?"

"Now, we put the rings on. Give me your hand." Chloe takes Beca's hand and shoves the Cheerio on her finger. "You put mine on now."

"Okay." Beca slips the Cheerio on her finger. "What now?"

"Now we have to kiss."

"Kiss? Eww, Chloe!"

"Just a small one! We have to do it or else we're not married!"

"Fine," Beca sighs.

Chloe holds Beca's hands and puckers her lips. Beca squeezes her eyes shut as she does the same. Chloe rolls her eyes and leans forward, gently touching Beca's lips with her own before they repel, instantly wiping their mouths.

"Eww!" They whine.

"So are we married now?" Beca asks.

"Yes, but only pretend. Promise me that we'll get married properly when we grow up, okay?"

"Okay."

"You have to say it, Bec!"

"Okay! I promise."

"Good."

~

"What do you want for breakfast?" Chloe asks as a tired seventeen-year-old Beca Mitchell trudges down the stairs, her messy and eyes barely open.

"Whatever. Just feed me. I'm too tired to care..." Beca slumps down on the chair at the kitchen table.

"That's what happens when you stay up late making music, Bec! We've got a test today!"

"And that's why you came over to help me study last night because you know I'd procrastinate."

"Exactly. Bon Appétit." Chloe pushes a bowl of Cheerios in front of the brunette who breathes out a laugh.

"What?" Chloe probes, sitting next to her girlfriend.

"Do... do you remember when we were little and we got pretend married? We used Cheerios as our wedding rings."

"Yes, and if I remember correctly, you ate yours not even ten minutes later!"

"I was hungry!" She titters.

"It was still rude. Broke my heart." Chloe sticks out her bottom lip teasingly.

"I'm sorry, baby. Let me make it up to you tonight." Beca presses a kiss to Chloe's pouted lip.