Chapter LXXI - Bechloe & Staubrey: Open Day

"But I hate Tennis!" Beca whined as she and her wife were getting ready for the US Open Day.

Beca had been invited to the game but didn't plan on going. That was until her wife found out. Chloe wasn't much of a tennis fan either but she loved trying out new things and whenever she did that, Beca was always dragged along. When Beca tried to avoid doing something and was forced to go, she ended up having a nice time but it was hard for her to admit that. She may have been small but her pride was huge.

"Oh, quit being such a baby and get ready! Stacie and Aubrey will be meeting us there and you know what Aubrey is like when we're late."

Beca pouted as she slipped on a red summer dress while Chloe went downstairs to pack a lunch bag for them. Even though Beca was a world-famous music producer and Chloe was the top vet in Los Angeles, Chloe still acted as if they were in college and packed food bags for outings. It wasn't necessary since they had enough money between them to last them a lifetime and then some but Beca found it cute and Chloe always came prepared.

"Alright, let's do this then..." Beca huffed, joining her wife in the kitchen.

"Are you going to put sunscreen on here or when we get there?"

"But I hate sunscreen!" She whined.

"Beca, you need to wear it."

"I'll have a hat on."

"Your hat won't protect your arms or legs. If you're going to put some on here you better do it now so it soaks in and doesn't get into the car seat. I recommend doing it here so by the time we get there, it would have soaked in and it will be ready to protect you from the sun. You need a good twenty minutes before you can go out in the sun after applying sunscreen."

Beca pouted once more then grabbed the tube of sunscreen and began slathering herself with it. Beca hated sunscreen but she also hated getting sunburnt so she was stuck between a rock and a hard place but she always remembered how much she hated getting sunburnt so she made sure to apply sunscreen.

"Now, what do you want on your sandwich? The usual?" Chloe asked, making sandwiches for herself and Beca.

"Yes, please."

"What drinks do you want?"

"Lemonade, please."

"What water bottle do you want to bring?"

"I don't want any."

"Becs, you need to bring water. I'll just put this one in." Chloe grabbed a bottle from the fridge and put it in the cooler bag. "What chocolate do you want?"

"Chlo, the thing only goes for a few hours, not the entire day."

"I know but I also know how hungry you get and we're going out afterward with Bree and Stace.

"Snickers, please and a Kit-Kat."

"Alright." Chloe grabbed Beca's desired chocolate from the fridge as well as her own.

"Geez, Chlo! How much are you bringing?" Beca looked in the bag and saw that Chloe had packed sandwiches, chocolate, candy, fruit, water, soda, potato chips, muesli bars, salted pretzels, and ice packs. "Are you packing for Stacie and Aubrey, too?"

"You can never have too much."

"Yes, you can, babe."

"Oh, shut up and put this in the car." Chloe zipped up the cooler bag and handed it over to Beca.

"Fine." Beca grabbed the bag only for it to drop on the floor, pulling her down with it as if it had bricks inside. "Damn, Chlo! Is this thing lead-lined or something?"