Chapter XLI - Bechloe: Ten Years Later... (Part 2)

It had been several months since Beca broke up with Chloe. Both women missed each other terribly but they forced themselves to move on with their lives. Their jobs helped take their mind off of each other but when they weren't busy, they thought about each other and the more they thought, the more they missed the other. It was hard for Beca not to think about Chloe since the designer's face was everywhere but Beca tried hard not to focus too much on it. But things only got worse when Beca saw families enter her restaurant. She watched them and saw how happy they were. The parents would help their child decide what they want, help them eat, clean up their messy faces, and give their child affection and the child give it back. It was a lovely interaction to watch but it only made Beca think about Chloe more.

Beca saw herself and Chloe having a family of their own. Chloe was always great with kids and Beca was okay but not as amazing as Chloe was. Chloe had mentioned numerous times how she wanted a family one day and even more so, one with Beca. But Beca being Beca, she didn't think much of it. She just thought that was Chloe being Chloe and just showing how much she loved Beca and how big her plans were for the two of them. The more Beca watched different families come into her restaurant, the more Beca thought about having a family with Chloe and it wasn't long until she envisioned her and Chloe sat around a dining table, at their own home or at a restaurant, with their kids who look just like Chloe or Beca or both. The kids looked happy and so did Chloe and Beca, for that matter. Beca tried not to get too wrapped up in the thought but she couldn't help it.

"Beca, you have to talk to her," Fat Amy said.

"Yeah, Beca, you're clearly still madly in love with her," Stacie added.

Beca was having a night out with her two best friends and all Beca could talk about was Chloe. Every time she met up with her friends she spoke about Chloe in some way and it was clear the brunette was still hooked on her.

"I can't," Beca told them.

"Why not?" Stacie frowned.

"Because I'm not ready for that life of fame and fortune. My restaurant is my life and I don't want to stop working there."

"Who said you have to stop working there?"

"Well... no one, but the paps come in and try to interview me and get me to talk about Chloe. It bothers me and the customers. I had to stop working there for them to stop."

"Beca, you can still work at your restaurant. All you need to do is just lay down some rules. No paps and if they come in and bother you, then you can kick them out or get security to kick them out OR you could go hard and make it a police matter. That'll make them back right off."

"I don't know, Stace... Even if I did want to go back with Chloe, there's no way she'll have me. I broke her heart AGAIN. Why would she even bother with me this time?"

"Because she's in love with you."

"You... you really think so?"

"Oh my God, Shawshank!" The Australian sighed. "YES! Ginger is head over heels in love with you and you're head over heels in love with her! Why can't you two just talk like adults and come to a solution?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, Stacie just offered you a solution to your paps problem and with Chloe's connections, she can make sure that nobody bothers you. She's got access to good lawyers and stuff so nobody would want to mess with you then."

"But what about our family? Chloe said that she wanted a family one day and I don't want our kids to have to suffer the media and all of that crap. I want them to have normal lives."