Chapter XCI - Bechloe & Staubrey: Young Love

Chloe's dad always said no boys and Chloe was fine with that because he didn't say anything about no girls, which was what Chloe happened to be into. Chloe LOVED girls and more in particular, Beca Mitchell. Beca was a five-foot-two alt-girl with a badass persona and who was known as the bad girl in their school. Some students were intimidated and a little scared of Beca but not Chloe. Chloe was the sunshine to Beca's raincloud and they got on so well. It was Chloe's final year at Barden High and she couldn't wait to go off to college with Beca (who she was still trying to convince to go) and be with her without having to worry about her dad finding out about their relationship.

The girls had been secretly dating for two years now and they were still besotted with one another. Beca didn't like the idea of being in a relationship until Chloe came along. Beca was never the same once Chloe waltzed into her life and vice versa. Chloe was a typical goody-two-shoes. She always got good grades, she was always on time to class, she put her hand up to answer questions and ask questions, teachers loved her, and she had a strong connection of friends. Chloe's parents couldn't have been prouder of her. Chloe's mother, Riley, was a lawyer and Chloe's dad, Richard, was a U.S Marine. Richard was a strict man but he loved his daughter more than anything and only wanted the best for her. Richard could see that Chloe had great potential and he knew that there would be people pining for Chloe and he was very careful not to let anyone get close to his daughter without his permission.

As mentioned already, Beca and Chloe had been seeing each other for a while now and the best part was that Chloe's parents had no idea. They thought that Beca and Chloe were best friends and that was it. Beca spent time with Chloe's parents and they really liked Beca. Beca was funny, witty, and didn't like boys either, which was something Richard really liked since he didn't have to worry about Beca being a bad influence on Chloe so Richard was more than happy to let Beca come over and stay with Chloe.

Speaking of which, Beca was currently over at Chloe's having dinner with Chloe and her parents. Every now and then, Beca would sneak her hand onto Chloe's leg or Chloe would hold Beca's hand. They knew it was risky with both of their parents at the table but it was also exciting and plus, the girls loved to touch each other like that. Chloe was a big feeler and needed to have affection given to her. Beca wasn't much of a touchy-feely person but she knew how important it was to Chloe and after about a year of dating, Beca was finally able to give and receive affection unprompted, which Chloe loved.

"So, Beca, are you enjoying your final year of high school?" Richard asked.

"Yeah, it's really good. It's hard to believe it's the final year but it had to come sometime."

"That's true. Make sure you study hard."

"Oh, I will hence why Chloe and I study so much together. I wouldn't be where I am right now if it wasn't for her."

And that was true. Before Beca started dating Chloe, the brunette wasn't doing very well grade-wise but as soon as she got together with Chloe, her grades improved dramatically and had stayed that way ever since. Beca didn't particularly care about her grades but she was glad that her grades were high since it got her dad off her back.

"That's my Chlobear," he smiled. "I'm glad you two are able to help each other with your school work and still have a good friendship. It's important to have strong friendships like you two have got. I'm proud of both of you."

"Thanks, dad," Chloe smiled.

"Thanks, Rick."

Beca and Chloe smiled at each other and carefully laced their fingers together under the table as they finished the remainder of their dinner. Chloe didn't really like sneaking around behind her parent's back but she knew that they would have never accepted her dating Beca so Chloe had no choice but to hide it from them. It was exciting but it was also disappointing for Chloe since she couldn't share how great Beca was and tell her parents just how much Beca made her happy. Chloe hoped that one day her parents would grow out of their antiquated views of relationships but the chances of that happening were small. So, Chloe decided not to focus on it too much and just focus on her relationship with Beca.