Chapter CXII - Bechloe: Wish Upon A Star

Idea by CBClay

"I love you," said Chloe as she rested contently in Beca's arms after a passionate round of lovemaking.

"I love you more." Beca kissed Chloe's head and traced her fingers along the redhead's naked leg that was draped over Beca's waist. "Are you sure this is what you want to do?"

Chloe nodded. "Yes. I've never been so sure in my life."

Beca felt her heart grow ten times bigger. Chloe was Beca's everything and she had no idea how she got so lucky to land someone like Chloe. Beca wasn't anything special, in her eyes anyway but to Chloe, Beca was amazing. She was a diamond in the rough. No, Beca wasn't rich. She was actually the opposite. She was an aspiring music producer but it wasn't a lavish lifestyle. Beca was still waiting for her big break and the only person who believed in her was Chloe. Chloe came from a wealthy family and was a successful vet in New York. Chloe met Beca at a bar one night after work. Beca was playing solo and Chloe couldn't take her eyes off the brunette. Chloe bought Beca a drink after her show where they got to know each other and the rest was history.

However, it wasn't all smooth sailing as either woman would have liked. When Chloe introduced Beca to her parents, they were not at all impressed. They didn't believe that Beca was good enough for Chloe because of what she did as a living and they didn't want Beca to "drag Chloe down", in their own words. Beca was offended and Chloe was horrified. She tried to convince her parents that Beca had a big heart and that what she did for a living didn't matter but her parents still refused to accept Beca so that's when Chloe made a decision. She decided to move away with Beca. Chloe loved her parents but she didn't want to be around them if they kept degrading Beca and telling Chloe how much they disapproved.

So, that's what they did. The couple moved to Los Angeles in order to help Beca with her music career. They had just gotten an apartment together and thankfully, both women got jobs within the first week of arriving in the big city. Beca got a job at a music studio. It wasn't ideal but it was a start and she was able to pitch in more with the rent so Chloe didn't have to pay the majority. Life wasn't exactly lavish but all that mattered to the couple was each other and they knew they were going to get by as long as they had each other.

Five years later, Beca and Chloe were still together - married to be specific - and decided to have a baby with the help of Chloe's best friend Aubrey who owned a fertility clinic in the city. Chloe successfully fell pregnant and nine months later, she gave birth to their daughter Mia Mitchell. Beca and Chloe adored their little girl and treated her as if she was the most precious thing in the world and to them, she was. The mothers adored Mia and they would have done anything for her. They gave her everything they could and sometimes, the couple had to pull each other up about how much they bought their daughter but they loved her too much to restrict how much they gave her.

Unfortunately, no matter how far Beca and Chloe got, Chloe's parents still didn't approve of her relationship with Beca, which only made Chloe's relationship with her parents even more distant. Chloe hated not being able to be so close with her parents as she once was but she loved Beca more than anything and she was prepared to give up everything for Beca. Beca tried to talk to Chloe's parents since she knew how much they meant to the redhead but nothing she did worked. The Beale's were too antiquated and narrow-minded to the point where reason wasn't obtainable. The couple tried for a little while longer until it got too exhausting and too painful, which caused them to give up. It was hard for Chloe but she still had Beca and that's all that mattered to her.

The couple's life was going well until one tragic evening where Beca was murdered on her way home from work. She just left the studio and was walking to her car where she got mugged and when Beca tried to defend herself, the assailant pulled a gun and shot the brunette. The police never found her body but found the killer who couldn't remember where he put Beca's body. The news hit Chloe hard and the amount of grief was so overwhelming that Chloe wasn't sure how to go on with her life. The thought of taking her own life came up more than once. Chloe hated to think about it but she was so heartbroken she didn't know how to carry on. If it wasn't for her daughter who was three at the time, Chloe probably wouldn't have made it.