Chapter CLI - Bechloe: You Belong With Me

Idea by jazzhy100583

Chloe Beale - smart, carefree, straight forward, flirt but a hopeless romantic. The redhead keeps jumping from relationship to relationship all of them crashing and burning faster than a Warhawk in World War II. Chloe just wants someone to love her but she fears that dream will never come true... especially when her dream is to be with her best friend Beca Mitchell. The two have been friends since they were kids and have always stuck with each other through thick and thin. Whenever Chloe went on a failed date or her relationships crumbled, Beca was always there for her and always knew what to do and say to make the girl feel better. Chloe has no idea what she'll do without Beca. It makes her sick to her stomach even thinking about it. Chloe's been in love with Beca for quite some time but there's no way Beca would feel the same way about her. Beca is so innocent when it comes to that and Chloe couldn't possibly ruin that for the brunette. She can't be that selfish. She just can't...

Beca Mitchell - sweet, smart, nerd, caring, thoughtful, loyal, and faithful to those she cares for and loves, especially Chloe Beale who she's absolutely smitten with. There's not a thing about Chloe that Beca doesn't know. Beca knows Chloe like the back of her hand. From how Chloe likes her toast cooked right down to how long it takes for Chloe to get ready in the morning, Beca knows it. She knows it all and she wants nothing more than to be the cheerleader's girlfriend. Chloe is so beautiful, Beca has no idea why they're still friends. Beca is such a nerd with her big glasses, braces, and acne, and Chloe is the complete opposite. She's surprised that Chloe stuck with her once they started high school. Chloe immediately got picked up by the popular kids and joined the cheerleading squad but the redhead never forgot Beca. Beca doesn't think she's good enough to be Chloe's friend let alone girlfriend so she settles for just being friends because that's good enough for her. She'd rather be Chloe's friend forever than lose her forever.

"Look at what I got for you!" Chloe announces, walking into Beca's bedroom.

Beca spins around in her desk chair and sees a takeaway bag. "No way..."

"For helping me with my assignment last week." Chloe puts the bag down and pulls out a burger and curly fries for the brunette.

"Chlo, you didn't have to."

"Nonsense! Of course I did! Without you, I would have failed Biology by now."

"You know I like helping you without a reward after."

"I know, which is why you're the best friend a girl could ask for."

Silence falls between the two girls as they look at each other and they both have the biggest desire to kiss the other but they can't manage to do it. Both are equally afraid of ruining their friendship and they'd rather not do that.

"What did you get to eat?" Beca asks, snapping her gaze away.

"The same. You always have good taste in food. No pun intended."

"Beale, you and I both know that was every pun intended. This is you - you can't help yourself when it comes to that."

Chloe bites her lip with a small giggle escaping. "True."

Chloe takes her food to Beca's bed where the younger girl joins her.

"So, are you still going on that date this weekend?" Beca is reluctant to ask since it pains her to her core but she can't control her inquisitiveness.

"Ah-huh," she nods, eating her burger.

"But, Chlo... Tom's hurt you before."

"He said that he's changed, Becs."