1.6 | Split Personality

Capítulo V- Doble Personalidad

     Patience skipped down to the lab excited for Adam, Bree, and Chase's first official day of school. Her ponytail swung side to side as she skipped to the cyber desk, well-fed with pancakes. She promised she would be there at 7:00 am to join them and Leo. Now, that they were able to be free out into the world, Patience couldn't contain herself and told her dad about it this morning during breakfast. She told him a half lie that Leo barely spoke to his step-siblings before Tasha's marriage. She was able to go through with it and cheered herself for being able to. 

     The Davenport family and Leo gathered around the center cyber desk. Their heads turned to Patience entering the lab. They greeted her at her arrival as Mr. Davenport stated, "Okay, guys, you have been trained for all kinds of missions but you're about to enter a soul-bruising, confidence-crushing, apocalyptical environment," he took a pause, "high school."

          "Good morning, guys?" Patience tilted her head, "Mr. Davenport, if you state that high school is like that, you'll scare them."

     "I'm preparing them," he reasoned. Patience pursed her lips and shrugged. "Adam, Bree, your glitch test results are fairly stable."

     "Yes!" Bree grinned, turning her hands into a fist, "I'm going to school."

     Adam punched his hands in the air, "I'm fairly stable!"

     "What about Chase?" Patience asked.

     "Chase. His situation is actually quite difficult. I am still concerned about your commando app," he said.

     Leo grimaced with attitude, "Commando app? Put on some underpants. We're going to school."

     "No, see, in the face of an imminent threat, Chase's commando app kicks in and he becomes a fearless brute I like to call Spike," Mr. Davenport clarified, shaking Chase as he grinned, menacingly. "It's kinda like a fight-or-flight thing, except I took out the flight part, 'cause, useless. and I replaced it with a testosterone level of uh, like a Tasmanian devil-wolverine-shark-lion hybrid that's mad."

     Leo's grin grew as Mr. Davenport described the app while Patience's forehead creased in concern. "He has a split personality?"

     "Exactly!"

     "Don't worry, Mr. Davenport. I promise that Spike won't rear his ugly head," Chase smiled, assuring.

     Davenport rose his eyebrows, "Oh, yeah? You mean like last Christmas when I made the mistake of giving Adam boxing gloves?"

     "Ugh, I'm still coughing up tinsel," Adam frowned, shuddering.

     "You know, letting Chase go to school isn't such a good idea. I can't risk Spike coming out," Mr. Davenport said, drifting away.